insurance(abroad)

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi All(bear with me)

Am confused! my car is insured and my caravan is insured. We want to go to france,booking with cc they automatically include standard insurance with red pennant,is this enough? reading it it seems they cover recovery on your van etc... so what is Mayday and whats that for??is that one you should have all the time even at home?? sorry it sounds a right mish mash but havnt got a clue!!!!!!! );

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tina

Mayday is essentially the Caravan Club version of tha AA breakdown service and covers you in this country all year. Red Pennant is holiday insurance covering car and caravan recovery from abroad and personal insurance whilst on holiday only.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes if you want to be covered for recovery whilst towing. There have been other threads about the other services not recovering caravans over a certain size. I transferred from the AA many years ago because then they would only recover cars and not any caravan it may be towing. They seem to have changed their policy now but there still seems to be a restriction on the size of caravan that they will recover.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Dusty,my van is 23'9 in length,never know wether they mean from the top of the hitch or just the van itself though,got the length of the website but it doesnt say!So Mayday dont have any restrictions?

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
oooh I dont know.its quite scary,still new to towing,thought we would pitch near the port and then travel round in car solo a bit to get used to it first time, would love to do disneyland,the route to Des Quatres Vents doesnt look too bad but what do I know, ever done it ???????

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No we've never been to Disneyland. Driving in France is very easy because there is generally less traffic except round the large towns. If you take it easy until you get used to it I'm sure that you will be fine. Roundabouts are a bit strange at first but you soon get used to them. I suppose the thought of driving in France is a bit like the first time you towed with the caravan. It turns out alot easier than you imagined.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
god the first time we went in it the other half almost had his ear chewed off!!! I was so nervous and I wasnt even driving,think it will be a week near calais,have a drive round solo,then hitch back up and head to disneyland,have been looking at the 2005/06 europe mag and wow! some of the scenery!just wait till the kids are older there'll be no stopping us!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts