insurance and breakdown for extended eu trips

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
I have been trying to get insurance and break down cover for uk/Europe for our proposed trip starting end of October.
However the offers we have had so far limit the time we can have abroad and in some cases the number of breakdowns we can have?
One company offer "one" break down per trip ?
The whole point of "cover" is not expecting to break down but to have reassurance "all through" our time travelling?
We are intending to head off October,then return for christmas( grand children)
Then head off to Europe for Feb / March.so flexibility is also important.
Many thanks

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
We are with Safeguard. No limit to length of trip ! We have 90 days also with our travel insurance (personal) . Also be aware about house insurance, as you may not be covered for an empty house for long periods at a time

May 15, 2015
Visit site
randonneur said:
Try ADAC. It is 113euros for 12 months. We have the T&C in English if you want them.
sorry didn't mean for 12 months away from home but 113 euros for 12 months cover and it includes any vehicle you are in, it is the Policy Holder and Spouse who are covered, so we are also covered in the UK when in our car or motorhome.

May 15, 2015
Visit site
No, we did it in May this year. We sent an email to them and they emailed the necessary forms to be filled in and emailed back together with the mode of payment we wanted to use. As we have a Euro Caxton Card we used that on renewal it will be109 euros. They sent all the documents and cards to our UK address and it was done within 10 days.

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for reply. Would you be kind enough to email the terms and conds you mention.Would appreciate it. I was going to go with the Caravan Club Mayday policy but my preference was ADAC.

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
We've been with Safeguard since 2009 and are happy with them. We have 12 months unlimited mileage insurance cover in Europe, plus unlimited breakdown cover, UK and Europe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts