Insurance Costs.......?

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
I know another thread was posted recently about the Caravan Club and what services people use but today I had a car insurance quote from them and fell of my chair !

The quote is for our 5 month old Sorento 2.5 CRDI XE, with myself and my wife as named drivers, both drivers in late 30's, non smokers, no convictions, no claims etc with an annual mileage less than 6,000 and 10+ years NCD.

Caravan Club came back with a premium of £408, £350 excess, and this was with a special discount for members, bearing in mind you can also add your yearly membership of £35 to the premium.

I was the asked if this was my best quote and if not they could match within £100.

Well my best quote was £253.40 with less excess, free windscreen cover, potected no-claims, and free hire car in the event of damage or theft etc.

Caravan Club then declined on the fact of being unable to come anywhere near the other quote and then ended the telephone conversation.

I then phoned the Club again to ask for a caravan quote and again they could'nt get anywhere near other quotes from other insurance companies advertised in Practical Caravan based on the same information given.

My main question is who is making the most money ? Other companies still make money from premiums paid.

Obviously the acid test comes when making a claim.........

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Danny,

Great quote for the Kia. We have just bought one - the same model as yours - which insurance company quoted you ?

Do you mind saying who it is ?

Thanks,

Andrew & Amanda.

PS; Who does you Caravan Insurance ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts