Insurance Cover.......... BEWARE

Reg

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
I watched the 7'Oclock one show and Dominic somebody mentioned that you may not have full cover when you go abroad.

As I had previously checked with my insurance company (Churchill) I was confident I was fully covered as they had "verbally" assured me. But I decided to look at the policy.

Confusion!

On a key facts documents it states that Full foreign use cover is automatically included etc.....

On the back of the Certificate it states that a foreign use cover (formerly the green card)was now automatically included and this was equivalent to the minimum requirement in the all EU countries.

Still not convinced I went on the Churchill web site and downloaded the policy...... Foreign Use - It states that it supplies minimum coverage you need by law etc...

So I searched the site and found tucked away in the questions and answers ......... you can extend your policy if you want to allow the same cover you enjoy in the UK i.e. comprehensive by paying an additional charge. This is called a Foreign Use Extension.

I was misled! Their phone will be hot tomorrow.

LET THE BUYER BEWARE!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I also watched that, it was very interesting. Like you I've had verbal confirmation about cover in the past, but now think it wasn't what I thought we had! Will definatley make sure I get it in writting next time we go abroad.

Jog

May 18, 2006
Visit site
I am off to France in a couple of weeks and I phoned my insurance company (MORETHAN) to inform them of the countries I would be visiting. It cost me

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts