Insurance during repair or service

Sep 15, 2006
Visit site
Having taken the CC discount of 10% for having an Al-ko secure wheel lock, it has to be fitted whenever the caravan is unattended.

No problem, except when its at the dealer - they don't seem to fit security at all to any of the caravans. I've checked with the CC who don't make an exception for it being at the dealer.

Should I be making a nuisance of myself and insisting the dealer uses the security? Or have I missed (or misunderstood) something?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm no expert Timothy but I'd have thought that while your caravan is on the dealers premises it's the dealers responsibility and your caravan will be covered under the dealers insurance.

It's worth asking the question when your caravan goes in for it's service though.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Timothy,

As long as you instruct your dealer to use the lock whilst the caravan is in their care, then that is all you can do.

If the dealer fails to follow the instruction and heaven forbid that the caravan is stolen, you could sue the dealer for the loss of the caravan and negligence. They would not be able to resist a claim against them, as they have failed to follow your instructions and they will not have taken reasonable care to protect their customers property whilst in their care.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts