Insurance Help

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi all again, I've been absent for a while as we just haven't had any interest in caravans whilst this Covid thing is going on. Hope everyone is still OK.

Help is needed and where else to go for it than here. Basically I need someone with past experience of filling in the Caravan Club insurance claim form. Of course, when I need the insurers, they are closed for the night. There is a little section where I am not quite sure where to find the answer and I have read the cover book 5 times without being any wiser. The section I need help with states

Limit of Cover (Section 1).............
Limit of Cover (Section 2).............

Anyone know actually what this refers to? I have a choice of 5 different figures it could be.

As for what has happened to the caravan.................
On Sunday we were stood by our front door talking to my daughter and grandson who were just leaving. I hadn't realised, my daughter told me seconds later that a child from one of our neighbours was in the road, just beyond eyesight playing with a rugby ball, and with an adult visitor to a second neighbours house. This particular neighbour is somewhat less than an adult in mentality as are his friends. Anyhow, this adult visitor thought it would be a grand idea to see how high he could kick the ball, and guess where it landed. Right bang in the middle of the panoramic roof. Cracked both panes over 30cm long each. Bad enough you may think, but what does he do, he was seen running away leaving the small boy to face the music. We spoke to the police and they have stated that as he ran off, he clearly knew what he had done. They are treating it as criminal damage. We will see where that leads but I doubt he could afford his next meal let alone pay for the damage. Damage has been estimated today as just over the £1000 mark. Whatever happens I'm at least £300 out of pocket, 150 excess and another 150 voluntary excess. And it gets better, as after bouncing off the caravan with such force it crossed the drive and hit my wife's car denting the door.

And just as we were about to sit down to dinner on our wedding anniversary.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorted.
Limit of cover 1............Total insured for van and equipment.
Limit of Cover 2............Contents

It doesn't make it clear on the form what precisely this information is. Had to ring them to find out.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The policy will show what the two are, but normally section 1 is the caravan and contents and personal effects. Section 2 will be loss of use and section 3 public liability. Who is the policy with as I have never seen one where this is not clear?
I looked at the claim form and see they ask what the cover is. I am not sure why they ask for this as they know, possibly better than you, but look up the policy and the figures will be in the schedule. It may be the claim is passed to the brokers handling agency and it saves the club looking up the figures but it is a silly question.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Strictly it’s not insurance now it’s Caravan Cover underwritten by the Club but the benefits are all the sa,me. Unless yours is a policy taken out before the change. There’s been a long debate on here about Caravan Cover which has drawn to a close. Be interested in your experience in how the claim is handled.

Reactions: Buckman
May 7, 2012
Visit site
The claims are handled by the same people as before, allegedly to the same standard, so there should be no problem, but personal reports from someone who has had to use it would help confirm this.

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts