Insurance on caravan with no alarm fitted?

May 29, 2006
Visit site
I am thinking of buying a new caravan but it doesn't have an alarm system fitted does anyone know if I can get insurance with out an alarm? Regards mandy

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
I don't think many insurance companies would turn you down because you haven't got an alarm, although some would give you a discount for having one. One company even said to me they were not interested in alarms because nobody takes any notice if they go off!

Keith

Feb 14, 2007
Visit site
Previously with ********* for insurance who demanded that wheel lock, hitch lock and alarm were all fitted, but were useless and took 6 months to pay out after caravan destroyed in storage compound fire.

Replacement caravan is now insured with caravan club insurance, we have to have only one security device, either hitchlock, wheel lock OR an alarm but with the addition of others you can reduce your premium by discounts. The cost of the device if you have to buy from new is more than what you will save in the short term.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
I have had several refusals from insurance companies when they find out I have a 1 year old caravan with no alarm fitted. I have the wheel clamp and hitch lock but no alarm.

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Why dont you try one of the "compare" websites with a pretend caravan and see what comes up in their questions and do two quotes one with and one without an alarm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts