Insurance renewal apathy

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
Having just received my insurance renewal I did as always and went online to search for a better quote. Two hours of entering the same information on numerous sites saved me over £100.00. Which company? The one that I'm currently with. Don't let apathy cost you money.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Chrisbee

My CC renewal came through on friday. Like you I did the round Robin. What a joke. The company for the over 50s , Sage? want

G

You could always try the 'Dutch Auction' routine. Tell the dearest what was the cheapest quote you had found and see if they will match, or beat it.

Don't forget you often get a good dsicount in year 1, it goes up a lot in year 2. However, in defence of 'Sage' I use them for my motor cover and it has gone down each year so far.

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
One thing , keep ALL your renewal notices for at least 10 years.

Apparently some Insurers have a maximum number of years they will consider for NCD. So if like me you have say 15 years they will still only use say 10 for NCD purposes.

Which in itself is not a problem as you probably dont need that many for maximum discount anyway.

However I nearly got caught out last year when my old insurers only took 7 years for max NCD but the new one takes 10 years. I hadn't kept previous years renewals so in effect I could only prove 7 years.

However new and old insurers had a chin wag and I got my 10 years NCD confirmed which was worth a good

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Upon reading the CC insurance small print yesterday I discovered further discounts of 10% each are given for Al-Ko Diamond Wheel Lock , and , ATC Trailer control device. As I have both CC have just amended my annual premium to

G

Obviously a premium will depend on the value and age of the van in question. However, your

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I have found that because where my van is kept in storage doesnt have locked gates a couple of the big companies will not insure me so have got bored with trying and continue with the CC.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I forgot to mention that I have 4+ years no claims bonus and live in the country and use a secure storage. It seems that a lot of teh caravan insurers rate their premiums on a similar basis to the motor insurers , ie where you live , how many years claim free etc.

I wouldn't want a newbee wondering why they can't premiums as low as some of the figures mentioned here.

Cheers

Dustydog

RJC

Jul 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I have just received my CC insurance renewal and have a number of things for which I get a discount (Alarm, Tracker, CC Practical Caravan course, and 3 years NCD). With the CC they list the basic premium and then deduct the discounts BUT they deduct each discount individually from the net premium left after deducting the previous discount so in effect when you get to the last discount it is nothing like the percentage quoted. I don't think this is fair and phoned them to tell them. Response? That's just how we do it and every insurer does this. Not sure about that but anyway I said to them that they should make this clear in the documentation. They said that they would take this on board - not sure if they will but I am not a happy bunny. I have a couple of weeks before I have to renew so I will probably look around, however I will probably stay with them judging by the number of positive posts on this and other forums about their record on dealing with claims (touch wood that I never have to test this!!!).

Cheers

RichardC

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts