Insurance

May 29, 2018
Visit site
Getting the new towcar today so I’m going to let them know it will be used for towing a caravan. What about Caravan insurance though? What providers do we all use and are there different levels of cover?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Personally I use the camc insurance,both major clubs do good insurance.As for levels,mainly I think there's new for old cover,where even if your van is a few years old it's replaced with the latest equivalent or nearest alternative or money equivalent to purchase the one you want.Or in the event of a total loss you get paid out what it's worth at time(same as most car insurance).
There are plenty of other caravan insurers but the major clubs seem to get the best thumbs ups when things go pear shaped,one thing I've noticed is there's lots of levels and prices(and small print)that's why I use the club,hope this helps,cheers.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ste6t9 said:
Getting the new towcar today so I’m going to let them know it will be used for towing a caravan. What about Caravan insurance though? What providers do we all use and are there different levels of cover?

There’s only two that I would ever use. CMHC or CCC. Both have excellent ratings for dealing with claims when things to bottoms up. At moment I am with CMHC as they were cheaper than CCC.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I took out caravan insurance for the first time this year (previous van was too old to insure) I found that both the clubs were very expensive and Caravan Guard was about the same. So was my car insurer at the time, LV. Eventually went with TowerGate who were a good £150 cheaper after many more quotes. Obviously cannot comment on their service should the worst happen.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Generally, Schemes which are operated in conjunction with a body such as CAMC or CCC, or where the Broker has some connection with the activity, tend to have the covers which are really required. While they sometimes are more expensive than the offerings from insurers who advertise on price alone, they do tend to handle claims more sympathetically. As ever, you tend to get what you pay for.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
CAMC last twenty years. Not the cheapest but offers the widest ,no quibble cover. With a new caravan I’d go for for full replacement new for old. Peace of mind :)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We were with CC until price got too high and switched to C&CC who were over £100 less for same cover. They probably regret us moving as we then had a claim but I can confirm the service was very good. As for the others I would be wary of the very cheap quotes as generally you get what you pay for and whatever some people think not all insurance companies are the same as with everything else you buy.
You should be safe with Caravan Guard, SAGA and NV.
With car insurance do declare the tow bar as some companies charge extra but if they do go elsewhere as you should not have to pay extra.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts