Insured car for daughter

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Seems I was a bit closer to the mark with Britannia Rescue.

LV took over Britannia Rescue from CSMA (I am not sure if Britannia Rescue was exclusive to members prior to this), in 2007.

My bill for Boundless membership has come from LV for a good while now.

Not sure, but I think that the Boundless organisation has shrunk over the years in line with a shrinking CS and PO.

At the time of the sale, it was calculated that each CSMA member could get a £25 pay out. And there were 500,000 members then. But CSMA decided to use the money to develop strategy. LV is paying £18m over 20 years which goes towards my membership fees.

John
I read that LV have been bid for by a US equity group. It’s not certain how the mutuals membership will decide. Could be the start of a downhill slope.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi Ray, I didnt understand it either, but I'll take it.
I did look at greenflag a couple of years back but for some reason it didnt work for me, cant remember the actual reason but it MAY (?) have had something to do with a length restriction, possibly.

EDIT: greenflag have a length restriction of 7.0m
That is body length and no UK caravan is over 7m body length.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That is body length and no UK caravan is over 7m body length.
Absolutely correct. The Greenflag limitation simply follows the legal definition of trailers for tow vehicles of GVW up to 3500kg where trailer Length (excluding the coupling and drawbar): 7.0m , and the width of 2.55M since 2010

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i also read this about the Life insurance LV is to sell itself to a private equity group Bain Capital for £530 million cash payout to the 1.3m members .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts