Interior mirrors

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
No, not "how do I?" but "how I did it". The only mirror in the caravan is in the bathroom, my wife uses one for curling/straightening/drying hair and applying war-paint (I don't need them as I was born naturally beautiful) and wanted one in the end bedroom somewhere. Visiting the NEC the other week we noticed that some Swift models now came with mirrored wardrobe doors so I wanted to do the same for the doors in ours. Needing something lightweight and robust I went to these people who do various acrylic mirrors cut to your dimensions.

Acrylic Plastic Sheets Cut To Size | Sheet Plastics

I chose 3mm silver acrylic as this is "normal" mirror style, two of them cut to 1060mm x 260mm with polished edges came to £39 with £10 postage. Holes can be drilled easily with sharp drill bits and fitting is by adhesive (white "No More Nails" type of stuff).

mirror.jpg

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
No, not "how do I?" but "how I did it". The only mirror in the caravan is in the bathroom, my wife uses one for curling/straightening/drying hair and applying war-paint (I don't need them as I was born naturally beautiful) and wanted one in the end bedroom somewhere. Visiting the NEC the other week we noticed that some Swift models now came with mirrored wardrobe doors so I wanted to do the same for the doors in ours. Needing something lightweight and robust I went to these people who do various acrylic mirrors cut to your dimensions.

Acrylic Plastic Sheets Cut To Size | Sheet Plastics

I chose 3mm silver acrylic as this is "normal" mirror style, two of them cut to 1060mm x 260mm with polished edges came to £39 with £10 postage. Holes can be drilled easily with sharp drill bits and fitting is by adhesive (white "No More Nails" type of stuff).

View attachment 4460
Looks great

Reactions: GaryB
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Great! Nice and light and maybe these won’t begin to lose some of the silvered backing round the edges that so often happens on glass versions!

Reactions: GaryB
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Great! Nice and light and maybe these won’t begin to lose some of the silvered backing round the edges that so often happens on glass versions!

I know what you mean. With them being reasonably cheap, if they do discolour at least replacement will be straightforward.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts