Intermittent Motor Mover

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
When your using the onboard charger, using a multi meter, you should be getting about 13.5 volts across the battery terminals. Take the van " off" EHU and check the voltage again. It should drop down to about 12.6 volts after several hours.
Make sure all CB and fuses for the charger are working ok.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
When your using the onboard charger, using a multi meter, you should be getting about 13.5 volts across the battery terminals. Take the van " off" EHU and check the voltage again. It should drop down to about 12.6 volts after several hours.
Make sure all CB and fuses for the charger are working ok.
Thats what I thought Hutch but the battery new was 12,2 delivered and been on charged for 48 hours now, still 12.2 so thats telling me the charger is not working.
Have I read somewhere on here there is a fuse inside the charger casing?

• Sad
Reactions: Hutch
Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Thats what I thought Hutch but the battery new was 12,2 delivered and been on charged for 48 hours now, still 12.2 so thats telling me the charger is not working.
Have I read somewhere on here there is a fuse inside the charger casing?
I had fault where charger wouldn't turn on initially sometimes when power was connected. Found disconnecting and reconnecting battery (just + terminal) kicked it into life. Worth a try.

Reactions: Gagakev
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Kev, check the onboard is actually”plugged “. They do come loose.As said by Hutch and Trevor Monty you should see a voltage of 13 v - 13.6 v whilst the battery is being .
Check the charger is plugged in. They do come loose. The battery in line fuse should be near the battery. Is that ok? I assume all the 12 v appliances etc are working off the new battery?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I had fault where charger wouldn't turn on initially sometimes when power was connected. Found disconnecting and reconnecting battery (just + terminal) kicked it into life. Worth a try.
Hi Trevor, I did just that earlier today and before I actually read this post, now charging and currently 13.48 to 13.49 Volts, thanks for your reply.

Reactions: Beardy
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Kev, check the onboard is actually”plugged “. They do come loose.As said by Hutch and Trevor Monty you should see a voltage of 13 v - 13.6 v whilst the battery is being .
Check the charger is plugged in. They do come loose. The battery in line fuse should be near the battery. Is that ok? I assume all the 12 v appliances etc are working off the new battery?
Thanks DD, panic over, see post above, I have the self release fittings and think one of them perhaps wasn't put on correctly the first time,.

Still learning this game after all these years!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Hi Trevor, I did just that earlier today and before I actually read this post, now charging and currently 13.48 to 13.49 Volts, thanks for your reply.
I never found permanent fix, think issue was in charger electronics. Work around fitted 12v usb outlet with voltage display, aliexpress sell them for few £. A 100A breaker/switch so I could disconnect battery easily.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I never found permanent fix, think issue was in charger electronics. Work around fitted 12v usb outlet with voltage display, aliexpress sell them for few £. A 100A breaker/switch so I could disconnect battery easily.
Have the on board voltage display, that was showing 13.5 but the readings I gave above were from multi meter.

Reactions: Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts