Inverness CC site or Rosemarkie

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

We are going to Scotland in late June and particularly want to see the dolphins if possible. Would Inverness be a better base for general sightseeing or should we go to Rosemarkie for a few nights? Any help much appreciated.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I suppose it depends on what you want. Rosemarkie is only about a mile from Chantonry Point. You can walk there from the camp site along a sandy beach.

The site is split in two with a narrow lane running along the sea front up to the village. It's a quiet road. A nice pub/eatery just up the road too. The pitches on the beach side have the best views, I'm not sure with the C&CC if you can ask for one at the time of booking. We were pitched the other side of the road on grass, still only a few yards to the beach though.

The site is in the background of the first pic.

CLICK TO ENLARGE.

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
We have stayed at Cullodon (inverness CC ) site several times and can vouch for it. The views from the site are breath taking , facilities are up to that expected of the CC and as a base it is ideal, you can head East towards Aberdeen , South for the cairngorms, North for Ross and Cromarty or West for loch Ness and Fort William.

Last team we were there we saw a couple of Capercaillies in a field adjacent complete with chicks which was a site we will never forget.

Nov 5, 2005
Visit site
Chrissylizzie I have been to Rosemarkie it is right on the beach good walks for dogs down to the point as LB pic show we saw the Dolphins from our pitch William

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
If you like what it looks like from the pics I've put on then another nice site is Dachalm, Brora just further north from Inverness. Go through the site gate that leads onto a golf course then theres a nice sandy beach that goes for miles. Some nice drives around there to, Glen Loth and Loch Brora where you will see the deer.

A big plus with Rosemarkie and Brora is no dreaded Caledonius Midgium.

TRENDING THREADS