inverter and lcd tvs

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Looking at buying a LCd tv for my vcaravan and have been told if I buy one I will need to buy an inverter i have read about these on the forum before but cant remember when. Any make of tv or inverter better than another all comments gratefully received. Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have used the Manhattan 15in LCD TV off the van battery for 2 years .The only problem I have had is voltage drop cured by thicker cable to the TV point.Voltage regulators are available to overcome this.have a look on www.leisurepower.com website.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

It depends on whether you will be camping without electric hoook up.

If so, it's best if you get a 240/12 volt TV, there's loads of dual voltage lcd TVs out now.

The inverters simply convert 12 volt (from the battery) to 240 volts. This means that you can run standard electric equipment from the battery.

Pete

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We bought our invertor off of ebay and that was made by ring and works very well.

Today i saw invertors on maplin electronics website from 19.99 unfortunately not able to give any feedback on them but i'd say they were worth a look.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There are many 12V DC/230V AC LCD TV's on the market. The web is the best place - try www.hihiwayhifi.com - I found them competitive and reliable. They draw much less current than conventional TV's. I have not had a problem with voltage drop as John G mentions. If you do, the easiest solution is to run a heavier cable under the 'van, from the battery (via a fuse) to the TV socket.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts