IPHONE APPS SECTION WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
On the note of iphone apps - does anyone know of any other useful apps they could be useful for caravanning-

As a starter i use the iphone handy level for levelling the caravan
i also use the viamichelin app for when im in france

It would be great if we could start a thread with all peoples tips on apps that can be useful for caravanning dont you think?

It would be great to start a seperate topic/ section on the forum for this type of info as somethimes it can be invaluable!!!
COULD THIS BE ARRNAGED??

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I phones are one hell of a piece of equipment,personally don't have one, yet I do have a smart phone this runs on the "android" system, and of course there are also windows 7 system, a Nokia one and indeed I believe blackberry also have there own system.
ALL have markets, like the I phone, alas the systems are not interchangeable.

I like the idea of this info concerning apps that run on phones could have a section that forums users can use for reference, but not just for the I phone, as the market share has now swung towards the "android" open system, it seems just as likely for users of this site to have one of these phones, or indeed maybe one of the other types of phones that can deploy apps, as they would have of being I phone users.....

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I posted on the other thread but all the operating sstems seem to copy each other i.e.
I have Android operating system and have the 3d level, google maps, tesco club card and real time speech translator

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
yeah thats fine just call it phone apps -
android is just another platform - but like the other guy said most apps copy each other anyway
well worth the section i think

lets see it happen!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The current forum is very new and still has development work to be done.
The list of "to do" is very long and it will not be possible to accomodate this request at an early date, if at all.
There is nothing to stop posts in Chit Chat which could be added to as and when required, and retrieved with Forum Search if needed.

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
thelma65 said:
yeah thats fine just call it phone apps -
android is just another platform - but like the other guy said most apps copy each other anyway
well worth the section i think

lets see it happen!
Who are you calling the other Guy!
smiley-frown.gif

You wouldn't say that if I wore red crocs

JP1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
After the suggestion here and in another thread, I've started a dedicated iPhone / Android app thread over here.

Keeping it as a forum thread means everyone can contribute to it and, given the fast-changing nature of smartphone apps, it's more easily updated with new stuff. If the thread turns out to be popular and/or useful, it can be made sticky at the top of the forum easily enough.

The thread can cover other smartphones too, but Windows Phone 7 is a bit too new to have much of interest and, from what I've seen of Nokia apps, they're probably best avoided... Still, all suggestions are useful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts