Ironbridge

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
You could check out Severn Gorge CP,I have been in the past but not recently I do know they have increased the static numbers,it is at the top of Blists Hill so handy for the museums and Ironbridge itself

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Can recommend Stanmore Hall Caravan site near Bridgnorth - pitches are round a central lake, excellent toilet block, all types of pitches including all service ones and an adultsonly area - its affiliated to the Caravan Club and not too far from Ironbridge and all the other visitor attractions in the area - Bridgnorth is a very pleasant town to visit as well with a good market on Saturdays and the Severan Valley Railway

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Severn Gorge is right on the doorstep. Now only a 10 pitch site all fully serviced good facilities (unisex) friendly staff.

As someone else mentioned Stanmore Hall at Bridgnorth excellent

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We booked a week at Bridgnorth but after three days we had had enough. The site itself was beautiful but we were in the field next to a main road. All day and night there were motor bikes screaming up and down the road as if there was no tomorrow. Ironbridge was very disappoining - if the bridge was not painted with the wording on the side I would not have accepted it for its so called history. The council had modernised the area so much that it appeared just like any other bridge. Severn Valley Railway was very disappointing - I am a keen steam railway enthusiast but I think this was the worst line I had ever been on. The museums were very expensive - had to buy a block ticket for all museums which were acceptable up to the end of the year. Of the six museums in the group there were only two which were of interest to us so again a total rip off. All in all a very disappointing area to visit and all the so called attractions, we thought were very disappointing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts