is anyone watching x factor

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It's extremely unlikely that anyone who uses this forum would admit to watching television let alone X Factor :0)

After the delusional wannabe's and freaks have fallen by the wayside there are a small group of highly talented mainly young people one of whom has the chance to attain the giddy heights of success if all goes well. The show is considered by many including myself as exploitative and a vehicle for the further enrichment of certain individuals.

It would be nice to think that the also rans who suffer the heartbreaking experience of being publicly cast aside could forge good careers within the music industry, I'm certain that the majority of the acts still participating would never have to clock in to a humdrum 9 to 5 job.

I'd never consider voting for any act because that is for mugs with more money than sense and the winner of the series will be whichever act can make the most money for those who are pulling the strings and with the runner up good for a hit Christmas album to top up the already overflowing coffers.

The public vote has no real bearing on the result, nothing within television is quite what it appears to be.

Don't forget that the entire medium is illusory.

G

Our son is in the Music Business and sent us the Youtube Video of Jamie "Afro" Archer's audition and the original video of the Kings of Leon Sex on Fire Video that Afro sang.

I Have the Kings of Leon album on in my car quite often and his audition version was better than the original.

We also saw Jamie playing in London last year and he was very good so son sent the video.

Jamie Archer is one of the finalists and at 30+ I think for once they have someone who stands out and has served his apprentiship.

Rock and Roll, I'm backing Jamie. But we're off to India for 5 weeks and will miss out on updates.

No idea about the others really, apart from the frantic dreadfull bisexual manic and the twin Irish Gremlins who have no talent at all apart from being very bad and annoying.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Many stars who are now considered to be part of the establishment built their careers on being talentless, bad and annoying.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Well I dont mind admitting that I watch it with my 13 year old daughter, if someone can admit to watching coronation street, and other soaps im sure i can admit to x factor lol

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You see - I knew that there was life out there............

I usually try to avoid most of the earlier rounds because some of the contestants are clearly being set up to be made fun of, I can't help wondering if one or two of them have mental health issues so the scenario is distasteful to me.

Having said that those left in the latter stages have clearly got talent and charisma and they have raised the bar as far as live performance is concerned.

If I'm at home I try to watch it but I missed last weeks show so I have no real clue as to likely winners just yet.

Even those twins have made the public mention them, Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols has grown rich by doing much the same thing so good luck to them.

I caught a little bit where they were asked about last weeks losing act and they had the decency to decline to be drawn by the interviewer out of respect for the girl singers who went so they can't be all bad.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Darren

I still haven't had chance to watch one of the Saturday shows all the way though but someone received a text at a party we were at last night to say that the twins were a disgrace.

From what I saw on tonights show I knew that Rachel would probably be one of the two at the end because I'd seen her song which was well out of her vocal range.A very poor song choice really let her down.

I hadn't seen Rikki on Saturdays show but on his performance tonight he deserved to go out of the two.

The twins looked smug and self assured as though they'd already been told they'd be staying no matter what.

Hmmm.....

Aug 13, 2006
Visit site
I think its exactly programmes like this that make you sit down with the kids in the caravan and watch it as a family. We were at Sandy Balls last week and it was the highlight of the weekend for our kids and I think they enjoyed the confines and us sitting to watch it in comfort with the heating on (which we don't have on at home yet) altogether! Roll on Winter caravanning - we love it! You don't expect the weather to be good, so don't get any disappointments!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
What's X-Factor?

Is it more cheap dross like Strictly and Dancing On Ice? Do they have fourth rate 'celebrities', most who nobody has heard of? Do they have judges who lack talent themselves but sit in judgement of others? Is it on for a bum numbing 2 hours because the programmes are cheap to make?

I must buy the TV Times and see what I'm missing :O)

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Parksy - re:"Many stars who are now considered to be part of the establishment built their careers on being talentless, bad and annoying."

Who? Name some names mt Parkes. All pretty judgemental I thinks.

I personally can't stand these types of programmes but its not for me to say its rubbish, just that I don't like it and so don't watch it.

Just like Johnny rotten of the sex pistols, or jonathan ross, jeremy clarkson, etc. Too many grumpy, angry people around.

Live and let live baby.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
My reply which you are quoting was meant to be light hearted.

You're spot on pal, there are too many grumpy, angry people around by the look of things. Very judgemental!

As for naming some names you beat me to it.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Must say, m'lord, that seeing you are asking what X Factor is, you are remarkably well informed of the content !!! lol.
Unfortunately Lady Braykewynde watches that dancing rubbish and for my troubles I was confined to a caravan at Rookesbury Park last Saturday night and had to endure it for what seemed an age :O(

tj1

Aug 23, 2008
Visit site
i,m not proud i watch the x factor me my chick and our 2yr old daughter she loves it by the way ..lol . anyway at least the people on this show SING LIVE well atleast the contestants do, not sure about the guest,s most of them are so far up their own backsides the live on a different planet and have forgot were they came from and how they started ... hope she,s happy now lol

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Darren

I still haven't had chance to watch one of the Saturday shows all the way though but someone received a text at a party we were at last night to say that the twins were a disgrace.

From what I saw on tonights show I knew that Rachel would probably be one of the two at the end because I'd seen her song which was well out of her vocal range.A very poor song choice really let her down.

I hadn't seen Rikki on Saturdays show but on his performance tonight he deserved to go out of the two.

The twins looked smug and self assured as though they'd already been told they'd be staying no matter what.

Hmmm.....
Hi Parksy. Thanks 4 your replies regarding X factor. Just thought I'd let u know it's not Darren posting on here, I'm Darren's wife Manda. lol

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
We've been watching it but record so we can cut out everything except the songs.

What I don't understand is why if they don't get in or win is their life over, what happened to going out and singing and working for it????

Pass the bucket

Apr 6, 2008
Visit site
Geordie Joe all the way! Do you think he's Cheryl's little brother or what?

Saturday nights are fantastic. I hate all the early audition clips of people making a total burk of themselves, but get into the talented last remaining few and it's really good entertainment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts