Is it expensive?

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
£5.60 for a pint of Coke left a nasty taste 🤬🤬🤬
That’s expensive by any gauge as there’s no duty on it. I recall years ago when we lived in Cardiff after an international we went into one of the town Center pubs and my wife’s coke then was considerably more expensive than my pint of Brains. They fleece those who don’t drink alcohol, just look at a pint of squash.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just as an update our 16 year old granddaughter received her contract to work as a waitress at a upmarket hotel and the hourly rate for weekends lunch and dinner is £4.20 per hour. Which is just about the statutory minimum. No wonder the hospitality trade are finding it difficult to recruit staff.

She’s now decided that baking cakes at home will be more profitable, and she has real skill in that direction as my waistline showed until I recently took charge of things. 😂. This was one 18 months ago . View attachment 1536
This is a wonderful creation, good luck with her future plans.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm never normally an 'at home' drinker, I'd rather have a mug of Horlicks at bedtime in the house, but I enjoy the occasional caravan tipple.
Then I often opt for lager, or sometimes red wine.
When I go to the pub I drink real ales if available.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Lockdown has lead to German Pilsner at £2.99 for four pints from Aldi/Lidl. Normally prefer the Real Ales but price matters these days🍺🍺🍺

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Like Parksy, Im not a home drinker unless we have friends round. On the subject of Lager and other near frozen drinks, I can occasionally chance one with a meal, but at any other time wouldnt touch the stuff. Same goes for wine too. A bottle of red is great for getting the bugs off the windscreen.

Old Peculier, Hobgoblin and Exmoor Beast would be my choice, unless a rather excellent single malt were on offer.

Reactions: Dustydog
May 24, 2014
Visit site
It wont be Adi, it will be one of the Islays with their name stuck on it. And probably a vintage 12 months old. ;)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
It sounds on paper very good, but still like to know who the distiller is. Onre of the things though about single malts is that each has its own unique flavours and keytones, and what will be excellent on one mans pallet will be dreadful to another.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Search Glen Marnock. Whispers say it may come from a number of lesser known distilleries such as Dalmore, Glen Moray , Glendronach and a few more.
For the price Thingy, no worries! I prefer the peaty Western Isles, Islay Lagavulin.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts