is it just me!!!!!!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andy, when you have opened your site with non rip off prices we shall all have to come and visit you, but I wonder how long you will remain in business. Awaiting details in due course.

By the way the most that the Caravan Club charges per child is I think

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ooops, Dusty I mean't to say, would you like to stop in the big top? You can park your van indoors! No extra charge for an awning or the use of mine come to that! Full electrics, enough to light up 6 million bulbs anyhow. Only

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I booked a holiday park for a week in august before I got my caravan,myself,partner,teenage daughter and friend, and two toddlers was

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
I agree it is not cheap,apart from the cost of a pitch,

you have the price of the caravan, insurance, equipment,

fuel to arrive at your destination, spending money

Yes I know it can be done on the cheap, but there will always be core costs.

It is a grand way to holiday and I fully appreciate the

monies involved in running a site.

Charge for dogs every time.

roger
Please could you elaborate on your "charge for dogs everytime" comment.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rob

It depens on what you want on a site, we belong to the caravan club and go on rallies, last week we went on a 8 night holiday

no facilerties but it was great , the kids had a great time all for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh at long last some one is looking at it logically and has somthing of a business brain! No one is on this earth in business who does not want to make a living/profit. it seems to be a dirty word if you happen to have children and want to make money. site owners are not charity's. I have 2 children and still willing to pay

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
So if everyone seems to agree that the charging is proportional to the number of pitches and the number of people etc etc. then why do we need to be charged extra just because its a bank holiday or a school holiday?. I am aiming this, not in a bad way you understand, at the caravan club sites (as i really only use them) as, you will probably agree, they have no pools, clubhouses etc, which is not a bad thing, toilet facilities are always very good but cannot see them needing more cleaning, cleanliness of sites in general is also very good but again cannot see any reason for an extra charge here, but we are charged more when we actually get nothing extra in return. If anything i would have thought it would have been cheaper in summer as lighter, warmer evenings must lead to less electric used for lighting and heating. Damp ground in colder / wetter months must lead to more damage. Can anyone explain this?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
So if everyone seems to agree that the charging is proportional to the number of pitches and the number of people etc etc. then why do we need to be charged extra just because its a bank holiday or a school holiday?. I am aiming this, not in a bad way you understand, at the caravan club sites (as i really only use them) as, you will probably agree, they have no pools, clubhouses etc, which is not a bad thing, toilet facilities are always very good but cannot see them needing more cleaning, cleanliness of sites in general is also very good but again cannot see any reason for an extra charge here, but we are charged more when we actually get nothing extra in return. If anything i would have thought it would have been cheaper in summer as lighter, warmer evenings must lead to less electric used for lighting and heating. Damp ground in colder / wetter months must lead to more damage. Can anyone explain this?
Supply & demand.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is exactly the same reason why you pay more to fly abroad in the school holidays and people are charging a fortune to stay in York this week for Ascot, and why people will charge a forture for their Live 8 tickets etc etc etc Supply and Demand! the rules of economics- we may not like it but you have to pay up.

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
hi rob i agree with what you are saying but arnt we all forgeting that caravaning is a hobby after all and hobbys dont come cheep... im going to the lakes at end of june for three nites. wich is going to cost me

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
It is exactly the same reason why you pay more to fly abroad in the school holidays and people are charging a fortune to stay in York this week for Ascot, and why people will charge a forture for their Live 8 tickets etc etc etc Supply and Demand! the rules of economics- we may not like it but you have to pay up.
maybe i should think about putting up my charges for doing landlord gas safety certificates and such during spring time. Obviously i dont do anything more during winter spring or summer but as the sites need them and they need me.....supply and demand you said.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts