.....is it me?

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Spent a few days on a small Cl with 5 pitches on a 4 acre field......so all over 100 meters apart.
No toilet block so using own facilities......ehu provided, water and toilet disposal.
Good for these Covid times!
Couple arrive with caravan outfit .....no towing mirrors so I think they're new to this.
They had every conceivable thing you could possibly have to increase their comfort
so maybe they are not new!
This included around 100 meters of of hose which they permanently connected to the
communal fresh water tap at our end of the field
This was supplying them with water to their Aquaroll that was fitted with a ball valve to
give them a domestic type water supply.
I have only ever seen this done when a fully serviced pitch has been paid for and you get
your own tap.
The site owner spent some time chatting to them and didn't take any action so I concluded he didn't see anything wrong.

Of course I just disconnected his hose when I wanted to fill my container but some people just amaze me..... :(:rolleyes:

Reactions: JezzerB

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
That sort of thing is bound to put people's backs up.
I bet that they don't see anything wrong in claiming the communal tap as their own, those sort never do

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I don’t carry a very long hose, but on rare occasions I have used a shared tap but with a splitter. So other people aren’t inconvienced.

Before covid I have been on similar fields and others have set up right next to me. Strange.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
After been seasonal we always carry a long hose you never know when you might need it me personal like what someone else i would just take his hose out and fill my Aquaroll ;)

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
You’re very tolerant Bill. I wouldn’t have reconnected him after filling my aquaroll😜

........he arrived at 2pm and I was leaving at 10 am next day under NHS instructions to self isolate at home and wasn't looking for an altercation!
The site owner didn't say anything to him either and the site is otherwise very well run.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
On the contrary Mel he had every idea to make his hols easy at the expense of others. Wouldn't have been quite so bad if he had a splitter which is what we've done after chatting to our neighbours on occasion ie one water post serving two vans. But as for regard for anyone else, no idea. Sadly selfish people are rife. Unscrew and leave unscrewed would be my plot . (but am a coward so might just offer him my splitter)

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2006
Visit site
Spent a few days on a small Cl with 5 pitches on a 4 acre field......so all over 100 meters apart.
No toilet block so using own facilities......ehu provided, water and toilet disposal.
Good for these Covid times!
Couple arrive with caravan outfit .....no towing mirrors so I think they're new to this.
They had every conceivable thing you could possibly have to increase their comfort
so maybe they are not new!
This included around 100 meters of of hose which they permanently connected to the
communal fresh water tap at our end of the field
This was supplying them with water to their Aquaroll that was fitted with a ball valve to
give them a domestic type water supply.
I have only ever seen this done when a fully serviced pitch has been paid for and you get
your own tap.
The site owner spent some time chatting to them and didn't take any action so I concluded he didn't see anything wrong.

Of course I just disconnected his hose when I wanted to fill my container but some people just amaze me..... :(:rolleyes:
Don’t reconnect after you’ve used it.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
We were camping at Mons and one side of the site were quite a few of "travellers". They had like you mentioned connected to the site office water supply which was considerable a long way, it passed right through the middle of the site. On one occasion two of the guys came up to me asking where the car wash was which surprised me as they seemed to be Irish so it was easy to tell them about the local place.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts