Is it worth waiting for a senator series 7

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
we were looking to buy a senator wyoming and trade in our abbey however with the pageant and ranger being recently revamped the senator is next in line, we don't want to go and buy a series 6 senator for bailey to bring out the series 7 at the end of the year

anyone got any ideas when the senator is due to be revamped and what the differences will be?

must be about two years since the senator was last revamped

any info would be great

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
I often find that the latest version is not as desirable as a previous one.

If you find one which you like, go for it, otherwise waiting for next years model can be a let down.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hiya it was sept 07 when the last wyoming came out i think. we could always sit and wait for the next revamp but as the other person said we may not like it. i prefer the previous wood and materials in the previous pageant.

i do own a 2008 wyoming and i love it. there is nothing i dont like about it. the only thing it lacks is led lights by the bed windows thats all. why dont you ring bailey and ask them when there next gonna be bringing out the next series.

if i was you i would go onto baileys website and print out the list of dealers in the uk then ring every dealer in the country and see what the best deal is. play one off against the other and remember to look after number one. the cheapest i could find was chipping sodbury by far and they gave a great service and threw in a few extras and NO delivery charge. dont forget with a bailey it doesnt matter where you bought it from you dont have to go back to the dealer for servicing or warrenty work because they have service centres and many bailey dealers are happy to do the work from another bailey dealer.

go on treat yourself go and buy one.

dont forget haggle haggle haggle

keep us posted

jo

May 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-Anne,

Havent looked at the Wyoming but we put the LED's and clear quadrant round the fixed bed in our S.6 Indiana,very straightforward.We are in Daventry,not far away if you want any advice/help if you want to do it

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
thing is I do overall like the series 6 but there are a few areas which I think they could improve. Which is why I was thinking of waiting to see the series 7 athough I do wonder how they are going to improve the spec, It already seems to have pretty much everything maybe "fitted dishwasher lol" also looked at the charisma 620 heard you had bad experiecnces with a swift group van

any info would be great. Also anyone who knows anything about senator series 7 please post

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Caravanner

I got my S6 Wyoming in november 2007. One of the first. I have an unproven theory that a model bought in its first few months will depreciate less than say one at the the end of the Series run. This certainly worked with the S5 Pageant we had previously.

In the likely event that Bailey change the wood to that of the S7 Pageant I may be swayed to get a S6.

There again you saves your money and may just want something different??

As for the Swift. I nearly bought the Conqueror. We did a scoring matrix and it lost by a cat's whisker. We liked the dealer too. Just make sure whatever you do , buy from a dealer with a good reputation.

Cheers

Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts