Is That light at the end of the

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Tunnel?
Going through the routes we use when we go to our favourite CLs. getting ready for the off.
In the years before sat navs, (not that I use them much now-a-days). I would write a list (and I still do) of the route, i e M5--J25 L--A358 L--A303 R--A356 That would take us down to Crewkerne from the M5 and onto a CL we used, sadly now closed. Today I realised why I wrote them, SWMBO would read the map as it looked, so when the map book was right way up, the Left onto A303 would be a right, or she would turn the map to point in the direction of travel, like the sat nav then it woud be a left.. Totally confusing me but she was happy as long as her finger followed the route. Map reading not her strong point. Confused! I was/am.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Wifey, SWMBO, has the map, I have seen roughly where we are going on it, SWMBLAO, (loved and Obeyed), promptley fallS asleep. 15 miles from home. I am normally ok for about 200 miles from home, UNLESS, I have to get across Saillsbury Plain. Totally lost. I even have an Air Navigation map From Middle Wallop to help me. OC might meet you at Devises. C &C. . One day.

Reactions: DaveA1
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
SWMBO will fall asleep almost as soon as we go onto a motorway. then claim she as been awake all the way. Sneezed loudly once and she woke arms failing about all over the place.

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Usual scenario for us is I’m the sad muppet getting everything ready to go car and caravan wise whilst beloved slopes off for an early night. I stumble into the pit around midnight then beloved is up at stupid o’clock crashing round washing her hair while I, bleary eyed put the “last minute box” into the truck, feed the dogs, water the house plants and hitch up. Beloved strolls out (looking beautiful) fresh as a daisy and gets in. We set off and she’s asleep in minutes......

Reactions: Hutch
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
My wife and children come to that use to go asleep soon after starting off, well that's many years ago . She now tries to keep awake just to say "bit close to curb" and many other things , sometimes she frightens me by saying Look out and me replying what you on about.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts