Is the Route from Barcelona to Santander safe!

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone travelled this route with Car and caravan? Is it fairly easy or is it like the AP7 north and South of Barcelona whereby you have to be alert for pirates/theives? Are there plenty of petrol stations along the route too? We are planning to stop for one night in a place called Haro (5hrs drive from Barcelona according to RAC route planner???) before getting the ferry to Portsmouth the following day! Has anyone done this route before? I would be really grateful for any advice or tips

Cheers

Michael

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Michael,

Thousands of Brits travel this route and it is safe as any other. It is good advice to travel in daylight and only stop at service areas (there are ample). It is any easy route and you should be relaxed about the prospect. I've used both this and the AP7 many times and always without incident. No problem with pirates but the traffic around Barcelona at morning and evening peaks - well that is something worth avoiding!

Enjoy your trip

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Michael,

Thousands of Brits travel this route and it is safe as any other. It is good advice to travel in daylight and only stop at service areas (there are ample). It is any easy route and you should be relaxed about the prospect. I've used both this and the AP7 many times and always without incident. No problem with pirates but the traffic around Barcelona at morning and evening peaks - well that is something worth avoiding!

Enjoy your trip
Thanks for your comments. I'm driving through France to Barcleona then crossing over to Santander as getting Ferry home! You have put my mind at ease and I shall remember your advice! Guess it's all just common sense

Kind Regards

Michael

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts