Is this too good to be true, or am I missing something?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
For car recovery, I have used CSMA Britania rescue for many years without a problem. When taking the caravan abroad we have always favored Red Pennant. And have had excellent service.

But now we are without a caravan so looking for holiday insurance, multi-trip for the two of us. So far approximate quotes are as follows.

Boundless LV Essential £328 and Premium £440. For Europe

Aviva £372. For Europe

Barclays (supported by Aviva) £150 Less than half the price but is Worldwide plus comprehensive RAC cover included.

So as the heading says, is this too good to be true?

None of them will cover my high blood pressure or Peripheral Vascular disease which is understandable. But the T&A's look very similar.

Only open to Barclays customers.

More ino. https://www.barclays.co.uk/insurance/travel-insurance/travel-pack/

John

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Why not use Red Pennant again as I think you can still use them even if you do not have a caravan?

Yes, they do insurance for travel without the van. I think it was showing £263, but that was without me making a declaration. But membership fees need to be added so puts it in the ballpark of LV and Aviva and still more than double Barclays.

John

PS, just checked and it is £263.87 for non members. So still £113 dearer and without the RAC cover. The T&C are poorly written and open ended so far as to what is not covered. and excess is £40 per person per section claimed as opposed to £50 total for Barclays. So not a contender.

John

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts