is York dog friendly ?

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
thinking of going to CC site in the centre of york, whats to see and do in york, also taking my very well behaved and very obediant labrador, is york dog friendly? also want to take my wife to an a la carte style (posh) restaurant in york can anyone recommend 1 or 2, (not taking the labrador there though ha ha)

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Mark,
There is so much to do in York it is difficult to know were to start.
There are excellent museums, galleries, the Jorvig Centre, National Railway Museum( we usually spend the whole day there), York Minster ( not just to view but have some good concerts, the old streets of York such as the Shambles, good walk round the City wall, ferry trips on the river, a good theatre.
The real must on every visit for us is a visit to Betty's Tea Rooms. We prefer Little Betty's Tea Rooms in the Shambles, it is like going back in time with excellent food and service.
York is dog friendly. Check the web site " dog friendly pubs.co.uk".
As well as the tea rooms there are some good restaurants,cannot recomend one as we always eat at Bettty's Tea Rooms.
Hamer

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
We stayed at Rowantree this year and took our Malamute puppy into the centre no problem, I would recomend the two riverside pubs,(turn left out the site and on the other side of the river at the second bridge) very dog friendly even gave the dog ice in his water, and because he is a social drinker I had to have a pint.If you are looking for a good dog walk turn right out the site and follow the river,its tarmacadam for about 3/4 mile then tracks through the fields

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Ideal site for visiting York as you won,t need to use our car parks `Dick Turpin runs them` plenty to see museums,historic sites ,
gallerys,the Minster is well worth a visit,city walls walk,river trips,can,t comment on restaraunts as we mainly use country pubs
as being residents York is too busy with visitors for us.A good place for exercising your Lab is York Racecourse(Knavesmire) just 3-4 mins up the road from you plenty of open space for free running :eek:) riverside walks for us and our 2 Labs not a good idea!
Enjoy your visit.....

Castlehoward a good day out but beware of the A64 at Hopgrove roundabout at peak times

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts