Isabella awning

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi all.
Been looking at awnings lately in particular the Isabella forum. Has anyone out there got one of these or had one in the past. I know they are very expensive but I think for the quality they are worth it.
I would be interested in your views on this awning. I can’t find any reviews in the internet, and would appreciate some opinions before spending hard earned cash.

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
I bought my first Isabella awning 30 years ago and used it for over 17 years on three different 'vans. Yes they are expensive but they do last!
My latest purchase was made on Ebay, I found the size we wanted and went ahead. This awning is at least 10 years old and is in perfect condition, and I only paid £130.00 for it. (I spent £8.00 on some reproofing spray and last year in France, when we had some horrendous storms, the awning didn't leak).
I would advise you to have a look on Ebay, there is several good offers on at the moment, I wouldn't pay nearly £1000, for something you can buy a lot cheaper. Some of these awnings may have only been used for 2 or 3 seasons.
Isabella awings are made to last, have a look on Ebay, and by using the Isabella web site, you can match your 'van to the correct size you need.
Let me know if you need any more advice.

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Merlin
I have got an Isabella magnum porch awning so know Isabellas are top quality. I’m looking at it as a long term investment. We’ll probably keep our current van for 5 or 6 years, and after that I know Isabella do an alteration service to extend / reduce the size of awnings, so hopefully it will live on if we ever change vans.
I have seen the video showing 2 people putting up a forum awning and it dosnt look very easy, and they are using the smallest size by the look of it. Which model awning have you got? Is it easy to put up? I can manage the magnum on my own with a bit of a struggle.
Didn’t think about Ebay. I’ll have a look to see if I can find one the right size (1020).
Thanks again

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Our IzzyMagnum porch and Capri Lux are excellent . They have both withstood some pretty foul weather and winds without mishap. Best go for the Carbon X poles with Iso fix. To get the tension correct you do need the Izzy Hercules wrench. The storm straps are also a good design. They secure the internal poles to the ground with 18" pegs rather than those straps across the top of the awning.
Certainly not cheap but then quality never is.

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
Installation of the awning is really straight forward. The poles (as advised, IX fibre glass) are all interlocked, so you cannot really go wrong. Our 980 cm Statesman awning for example, has only 3 support poles, so you cannot really make a mistake.
It is easier to erect the awning with 2 people (her indoors holding the main standards) and me securing the cross members to the 'van, we can 'get the awning up in 20 minutes from scratch'. I find that pegging it down takes the time. I have on the odd occasion done it on my own, the conditions were ideal, i.e. no wind or rain!
One point to note, we always erect the awning with the windows and doors removed. Then put them in when the main awning is up, thru the years, we find that this is the best method for us, besides if it is raining, you have somewhere to shelter as you finish the job.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts