Isabella Magnum awning

Oct 2, 2005
Visit site
We are thinking of buying the Isabella Magnum awning. Can anyone advise me on the pros and cons between the steel and carbon fibre frames. Also has anyone had any problems with this particular awning.

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris, we looked at the magnum, but changed our minds and went for the 'all in one 360' from Isabella, we think it looks a lot more modern than the magnum. The 360 only comes with steel poles (which are quite heavy) but very sturdy. The 360 is quite a lot more expensive, but a fantastic awning! look at the full range on the Isabella web site!

Best wishes, Andrew.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
These are fine awnings.I find mine, with carbonX poles very easy and quick to put up. Because everything is so well made the fit is perfect.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
We have the Magnum and in many ways its an excellent awning. However it is unable to travel round the awning rail in the way a full awning can so on a sloping site one side is on tip-toes the other is crumpled up around its ankles so to speak. On level sites its fine. They cant stand a strong side wind as well as a full awning. Ours is used with a Hymer so we start with a very high awning rail [ 250 ], wich is on the limit of the Magnums size tolerance. Also water travels along the caravans side trims and drips off where these are terminated by the door. All that said we use it a lot in winter and shoulder seasons as there is far less wet canvas to cope with that with the full awning and the issues raised are for us minor.

Being an Isabella product it is very well made. We have the older GRP poles, and would not dream of going back to the heavy steel frames of yester-year unless buying for long term snow camping.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts