Isabella marked as 1150 but changed to 1100?

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Recently purchased a new Isabella Capri Awning. The size required on Isabella website is 1100, so that's what was ordered. However I noticed after setting up, that the size label in the awning shows 1150, but has been scribbled out and 1100 written in pen and the same has been done on carry hold-all. The bungee straps at the bottom of the awning remain loose. Would Isabella do this without supplying documentation?

Cheers

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I suggest you take it straight back to the dealer unpacked and get them to confirm its size.
Izzys are very well packed with stacks of protective materials to prevent scratches to the windows. You'll never get it back in yourself!
If you have removed it then it will bet fiddly to measure off the caravan.

May 15, 2016
Visit site
As per posting, already set up. I've now contacted Isabella and without knowing the details, said the biro written sizing is correct(must have special powers). They have offered to send the label for me attach or return awning. Not that impressed with attitude of such an expensive product.

Cheers

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
It is the correct size ie 1100 not 1150?
Shame they let themselves down on a label. I've had a number of Izzys and swear by them.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
alphapets said:
We wanted a 1100! The printed label states 1150. Is my original post not clear, so I know whether to edit it? Cheers
Your original is clear.
Is the new one actually 1100? So Izzy did put the wrong label on?

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

It would seem that Isabella think it is. How, I don't know, because they have no details, other than what, I've told them. It was not purchased direct from Isabella, I have no reference numbers. So I can only assume they have supernatural powers, or that they regularly mislabel their products and they just accept it.

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
alphapets said:
Hi,

It would seem that Isabella think it is. How, I don't know, because they have no details, other than what, I've told them. It was not purchased direct from Isabella, I have no reference numbers. So I can only assume they have supernatural powers, or that they regularly mislabel their products and they just accept it.

All part of the lark that is caravanning :p Your real world expectations may need revising downward :p

Watch 'Line of Duty' on Sunday on BBC1 to see the effects of scribbling out numbers and re-writing them :p :p

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Watched previous series, will endeavour to watch this. You must be very wealthy or very laid back to be able to shell 2 grand, for the wrong size...

May 7, 2012
Visit site
To check what you have you could measure the awning to see what size it is and if not what you ordered take it back.

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
alphapets said:
Watched previous series, will endeavour to watch this. You must be very wealthy or very laid back to be able to shell 2 grand, for the wrong size...

Think it's growing older and wiser :p Even learned to keep calm and be firm but polite with the caravan industry, it's a strange world set in a bygone age :p

As Raywood says, measure it and then take it back.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
alphapets said:
Hi,

Recently purchased a new Isabella Capri Awning. The size required on Isabella website is 1100, so that's what was ordered. However I noticed after setting up, that the size label in the awning shows 1150, but has been scribbled out and 1100 written in pen and the same has been done on carry hold-all. The bungee straps at the bottom of the awning remain loose. Would Isabella do this without supplying documentation?

Cheers

I am so annoyed to read this thread. - Yet again a consumer has fallen foul of a retailer that has apparently failed in their legal duty and who has also failed to respect the customer by not resolving the problem the retailer has created. This strictly a problem for the retailer to sort out and not the manufacturer.

When you make a retail purchase you only have a contract with the seller NOT THE MANUFACTURER. So if there is a problem with the purchase, it is for the retailer not the manufacturer to sort out.

Under the Consumer Rights Act and the previous Sale of Goods Act retailers (sellers to end users) have a legal duty to ensure goods they sell to customers, conform to contract.. Goods MUST be :
To specification
as described
fit for purpose,
free from design, material or manufacturing defects.
The must be of adequate quality
and sufficiently durable for the purpose for which they are intended.

I will presume you ordered or agreed to purchase a brand new awning. The definition of 'brand new' in this case would be a correct to specification undamaged unused awning of the size you specified.

What you have been supplied is a product that has for whatever reason has been manufactured incorrectly and that fact is identified by the hand amended label. In commercial terms this is now a Factory Seconds and should not be passed off as a "perfect" product.

On the assumption that you did not agree to purchase a factory second, then teh retailer is in breach of contract and must remedy the situation.

If on the off chance the seller advertised these awnings as seconds then you did knowing agree to purchase a factory second, and I would presume there was a substantial discount compared to the brand new price. Even so It is still up to the retailer to ensure the product is to specification and to sell you what you ordered.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts