ISLE OF MAN SITES

ISLE OF MAN - We're hoping to spend a week next May on the Isle of Man with our Swift Rapide but are having problems finding any sites or ferry operators willing to transport caravans - any advice would be appreciated - Elaine

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I may be wrong but I seem to remember that the IOM don't allow caravans on the island. Tents are fine and I think that camper vans are also ok. This is from a distant memory of TT's a number of years ago.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi elaine! just to let you know, caravans are not allowed on the isle of mann. just motorhomes and tents. its a real shame really. such a beautiful place. sorry for the bad news. regards, paul!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
correct the iom do not allow caravans, in fact from my experance the iom do not appear to like tourists of any sort. high ferry fares - high airline fares - cafe's that shut for lunch. anyway good luck with your hol plans.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We nearly moved there earlier this year and everyone is correct, touring caravans are not permitted, BUT if you live there you CAN own one and keep it on the island but a special permit is needed. Its all a pity really as we loved it over there and would happily take the caravan over if it were allowed..... Brian is right about the ferry prices though!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've been going to the iom for 12 years (TT) and they dont take caravans just campers. EXCEPT when they need the riders over there to bring the island its most profitable tourist boost each June - then suddenly the paddock is full of caravans....shame really it is a gorgeous island!!

TRENDING THREADS