Isuzu Trooper Engine problems

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I read in this Months "Caravan" Magazine (Sorry PC - do read both!)of a guy who had his Trooper engine blow up. This had also happened to a client of mine who tows a horse trailer.

She was told that there was a problem with the Isuzu 3.0 litre desiel but Isuzu refused to do anything even though the Trooper had a full Isuzu SH and was just a few months out of its 3 year warrenty.

My client lost thousands of £'s, as to has this guy who wrote to Caravan Magazine.

Scanning the net via Google has flagged up a worrying trend with this engine.

Has anybody else had this problem? Could be one to avoid if you are looking for a tow vehicle.

R

Clive

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The problem you are referring to applies to early 3.0DTI's. I think it was overcome by about late 1999. The earlier 3.1TD is not affected. I have a petrol 3.5 which, like its 3.2 predecessor, is almost indestructible and a very good buy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
lutz, there is a place on the web called www.itocuk.co.uk it is an outstanding site for all things troopery and over the past months there have been many topics on the 3.0 and 3.1 diesel motors. there are also quite a few mechanics who are members too and over the course pf a few days most questions are sorted out for you (even monterys are mentioned!)lol.

regards, sharpy.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Clive, In reply to your inquiry about the isuzu trooper engine fault, it would appear that there was a problem with a few cars with certain chassis numbers, i would suggest that if anybody is worried about their car should contact International Motors, the importers on 0121 5572112. Give them your chassis no. and car reg no. and they can tell you if any recalls were needed on your vehicle. Faults known are turbo and oil strainer, also on some models the diesel injectors leak into the engine causing high oil levels. These faults should have been corected under a service campaign.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts