It’s happened again . No satellite TV🙀

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
my wife and I simply cannot understand this need for TV when away on a break or holiday
A starting point could be realising you're both assuming we are on "holiday", an incorrect assumption at least for some of us.

We use our van to live part of our lives in environs away from home.

In that as the vast majority of UK people, here I am assuming, watch a bit of TV most days, news relaxation etc.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
We are all different I know, but my wife and I simply cannot understand this need for TV when away on a break or holiday. The walk along the beach appeals far more than sat in the caravan watching , or trying to watch TV, it does seem to rule peoples lives. 🤷

The lengths and expense people go to in the desperate attempt to watch British TV in France is mind boggling! Why this need to spend a chunk of your holiday watching TV when in a foreign land is beyond me, surely there are far better things to do.

Try not bothering with the goggle box when on holiday…………You will feel far better for it. 👍
Each to their own - I wouldn't dream of suggesting that others live their lives the same as me.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We are all different I know, but my wife and I simply cannot understand this need for TV when away on a break or holiday. The walk along the beach appeals far more than sat in the caravan watching , or trying to watch TV, it does seem to rule peoples lives. 🤷

The lengths and expense people go to in the desperate attempt to watch British TV in France is mind boggling! Why this need to spend a chunk of your holiday watching TV when in a foreign land is beyond me, surely there are far better things to do.

Try not bothering with the goggle box when on holiday…………You will feel far better for it. 👍
There are those amongst use that have mobility issues so a walking is out of the question. We do go out during the day whether in the UK, France or Spain and in the evenings relax watching TV. Is that now a sin?

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site

100% agree with you, I am in your camp.

Reactions: Devonisheaven
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Not sure why posters are commenting about NOt using a TV while on holiday when the thread is about enjoying TV while on holiday. Surely camping is about enjoying yourself with whatever you want to do and not whether others should not be watching TV when on holiday.

Just to throw a spanner in their works, we have TWO TVs in our caravan that we used for watching TV in the evenings and early mornings!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Not sure why posters are commenting about NOt using a TV while on holiday when the thread is about enjoying TV while on holiday. Surely camping is about enjoying yourself with whatever you want to do and not whether others should not be watching TV when on holiday.

Just to throw a spanner in their works, we have TWO TVs in our caravan that we used for watching TV in the evenings and early mornings!
The recent posts are in reply to the “ holier than thou” post at #23.

Aug 18, 2024
Visit site

Totally agree with you, if your idea of enjoying a holiday is watching TV , then that works for you, it just is not for us. Do you not have another TV for afternoons?……..Just in case. 🤔👍

Strangely, some months ago I mentioned to my wife would she like a TV for the van, she watches more TV than me, not that that is difficult as I spend as little time indoors as I possibly can, let alone sat watching the box, but she was adamantly against it, much to my relief. She doesn’t even want a radio, again much to my relief.

I am led to believe there is a program on the TV where you can watch people watching TV! Or watch a bunch of young townie chavs with big lips on an Island! 🤪🤪. Quality!

We are all different beasts, and I will put my hand up and admit that I do not watch a lot of TV anyway, in the summer months I reckon about 10 hours a week, if that, a little more when the evenings pull in granted. But when on holiday, we avoid it like the plaque, even on a five or six week break, I mean what is on the TV that you would miss? …………Please don’t say Dancing Strictly on Ice with no Talent!

Reactions: borderbilly
Aug 18, 2024
Visit site
The recent posts are in reply to the “ holier than thou” post at #23.
“Holier than Thou” 😂😂😂 as a former Infantryman, county rugby player and working in Enforcement for 30 years, I have been called many, many things……..But never “Holier than Thou” so I guess that is a compliment! 👍😂😂😂

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

My wife would agree with you with walk on a beach and take the dog but i have mobility issues cannot walk so i sit and watch TV/ Laptop .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
“Holier than Thou” 😂😂😂 as a former Infantryman, county rugby player and working in Enforcement for 30 years, I have been called many, many things……..But never “Holier than Thou” so I guess that is a compliment! 👍😂😂😂
Well there you go, life’s full of surprises. Now get training to get yourself awarded a Certificate of the Order of the Barking Dogs in 2025. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Aug 18, 2024
Visit site
My wife would agree with you with walk on a beach and take the dog but i have mobility issues cannot walk so i sit and watch TV/ Laptop .
Sorry to hear that Beachball, my wife has mobility issues also, we are both nearer 70 than 60, but I am very fit and active for may age, but she would still rather stroll or I will drive her to a nice spot and enjoy the scenery, or she will sit and read while I go for a yomp. Happy camping dear chap. 👍

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I was also a former rifleman, played rugby and worked in law enforcement and did my fair share of walking on patrol in my younger days so now is the time to relax and enjoy life!

We tend to stream most of our programs now although we had Sky when visiting France or Spain before Covid.

• Love
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I’ve started a new thread about TV usage.
I welcome as much abuse and derogatory comments that can be mustered subject to not upsetting our Mods😁😁

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I was in the S.A.S.
I posted a while back that Mark Aston gives lectures on his exoerinces and can be contacted via the local British Legion association.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I posted a while back that Mark Aston gives lectures on his exoerinces and can be contacted via the local British Legion association.

I think that BorderBilly was trying to be humourous and never served in the SAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts