Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Clive

Interested to know if you caught the news and what you thought,quite good arguments on both sides !Just amazed that no-one else has mentioned it yet!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
yes but I genuinly wasnt trying to cause trouble,it was quite good coverage and very informative from both sides of the coin !!!! :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ok, Graham might not believe you Tina, but I will. Why? Because I have learned how hard it is to argue with the opposite sex, it's much easier to capitulate, and then go sulk in a corner.....

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
I was suppossed to be going out tonight, nothing important though just SWMBO's birthday. I have cancelled the table now caus I can' wait for later... The fireworks should start about 7.00ish I rekon

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Ok, Graham might not believe you Tina, but I will. Why? Because I have learned how hard it is to argue with the opposite sex, it's much easier to capitulate, and then go sulk in a corner.....
well said Lol !! (0;

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Going to join in Graham, or just sit and watch? Think they will stop for a break at some point? I have a blank video tape for the tv tonight, so I might just wait around and see the rockets go up...

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
It was a resurection of the "chelsea Tractor " debate brought about by the publication today in the British medical Journal of an article by a couple of Doctors saying; that you are twice as likley to die if hit by a large 4x4 as a normal car.

All the usual stuff that weve all heard before and my reaction was that it must be a slow newsday.

It was mostly tosh really - you could just have easily subsituted the word truck, bus, tram or horse drawn carriage into the equation and argued as good a case as was being made. ie. a big vehicle is going pulverise you if you get in it's way so consider banning them from cities - the chattering classes must have run out of things to wittle on about.

I thought it was a bit sexist too as it infered that large off roaders are driven by young mothers who have little idea of how to control them and constantly bash into pedestrians, bollards and other traffic.

Actually, on reflection, it was a load of bollards.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
It was a resurection of the "chelsea Tractor " debate brought about by the publication today in the British medical Journal of an article by a couple of Doctors saying; that you are twice as likley to die if hit by a large 4x4 as a normal car.

All the usual stuff that weve all heard before and my reaction was that it must be a slow newsday.

It was mostly tosh really - you could just have easily subsituted the word truck, bus, tram or horse drawn carriage into the equation and argued as good a case as was being made. ie. a big vehicle is going pulverise you if you get in it's way so consider banning them from cities - the chattering classes must have run out of things to wittle on about.

I thought it was a bit sexist too as it infered that large off roaders are driven by young mothers who have little idea of how to control them and constantly bash into pedestrians, bollards and other traffic.

David

Very well put

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Going to join in Graham, or just sit and watch? Think they will stop for a break at some point? I have a blank video tape for the tv tonight, so I might just wait around and see the rockets go up...
Lol

I might have to deputise for Clive

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site

party pooper!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts