Its been a long wait

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Hello peeps
The time is getting close to when we can pick up our first caravan.
I have been offline for a while, due to work & personal issues, but we should be picking up our Adria early December.
May not be the best time to find storage in Stoke, but i will keep you posted.
Getting really excited about the adventures we are about to undertake next year in our van, i will let you know how we get on with picking it up, and my first ever go with towing a caravan.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Good to see you back on the forum, get searching for a storage now. We were in that catch 22 situation , couldn't buy a van as no storage, eventually all came together..

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
At the moment i think we may have 2 options, i a Local farm near Congleton, and another small storage site at the bottom of our lane, true i need to get sorted quick.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Remember your storage might affect your insurance premium. We are on a gold site in Shropshire near Hinstock and our insurers love it. Would be pleased to hear about Adria as we have considered them. Are you buying from the local Adria dealer?

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
No Waffler, we have bought a second hand 2016 from a dealer in Thirsk.
Excellent condition, been in storage for last 12 months,got an Astella Amazon. we love the set up of front kitchen, and mid ships lounge, best caravan i have seen.
Looking forward to next year when we can start using it.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
GrizzlyBathplug said:
We will either get it serviced at Leisure sales, or local Adria dealer in Stoke.

Might see you at this place, not far from Congelton.
https://www.welltroughcaravansite.co.uk.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Hope all goes well with the new caravan. For storage I would check http://www.cassoa.co.uk/ for the best sites.

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Hutch there is a very good chance of seeing you at that site.
Ray checked site there is one 17mins away in Sandbach, i have sent an email.

Thanks for your help & suggestions guys.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
GrizzlyBathplug said:
We will either get it serviced at Leisure sales, or local Adria dealer in Stoke.

Surely the dealer you are buying from should have it serviced before selling onto you? Also I would not wait until next year before using it. Try and use it within the first 30 days to see if there are any issues as in the first 30 days you can reject the caravan if any serious issues. After that it becomes a bit more difficult and after the first 30 days and within 6 months you need to give the dealer one opportunity to repair before rejecting.
Considering that it appears that the dealer is not servicing the caravan prior to delivery unless I have misunderstood something, I strongly recommend as much usage as possible in the first 30 days even if it is just around the corner at a CL or camp site. Not sure if others would agree with this, but I am very wary of the caravan industry?

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Hi Buckman

The dealer is well respected, and has rave reviews on his web site.
He will give it a full service & damp report before handover, i may be an optimist, but i trust them.
One or two issues to discuss, but i am fairly convinced we are not buying a lemon. Time will tell, but first indications are we are getting the caravan spec, we have been after, we both love the different layout.
Regardless of distance to the dealer, believe me any problems & it will be blocking the access to his premises, but hopefully i see no problems arising.
Roll on start of December, we can't wait!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Buckman said:
GrizzlyBathplug said:

Surely the dealer you are buying from should have it serviced before selling onto you? Also I would not wait until next year before using it. Try and use it within the first 30 days to see if there are any issues as in the first 30 days you can reject the caravan if any serious issues. After that it becomes a bit more difficult and after the first 30 days and within 6 months you need to give the dealer one opportunity to repair before rejecting.
Considering that it appears that the dealer is not servicing the caravan prior to delivery unless I have misunderstood something, I strongly recommend as much usage as possible in the first 30 days even if it is just around the corner at a CL or camp site. Not sure if others would agree with this, but I am very wary of the caravan industry?

Not servicing it appears strange, but it may have been recently serviced by the previous owner. Car dealers don't always service prior to purchase, but a functional check should have been carried out on the caravan.But I agree with your recommendation to use the caravan without delay.

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
GrizzlyathPlug,
In your first post, were you implying where you will be getting the van serviced in the future? as in your last post, you state the dealer will do a full service and damp report.
I have the Rio Grande version of the Astella, so if you have any issues after your first outing, do not hesitate to ask questions. I will look out for them and help where I'm able to.
Regards,

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Thank you Lappy.
Apologies, the dealer will do initial service & full damp report before we purchase, after which i will take it to one of the others for its annual service, guys that are local to me.
I will be sure to report any problems, touch wood there will not be any..

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just been up to the van today to make sure the new fridge door shelf we ordered is the correct one, "Yes it is" :p . Spoke to the Owner of the storage and he now has people asking about storage from Hemel Hempstead upto Pottersbury, which is 8 miles North of Milton Keynes, so maybe 30 miles away. He hasn't any more storage over 150 units on site. Such a big influx, this year, we have a prime spot in one of his old barns , been there over 12 years now. away from the new compound. Great security, electric gates, etc.

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi GrizzlyBathPlug,
I'm based in Bristol and have a new Adria dealership on my doorstep. I initially bought the caravan from Roundstone Caravans in Horsham, Surrey.
If you are not picking the van up until December, where will you be staying first. We are off to Littlehamton, West Sussex for the new Year.
Hope all goes well and your early Christmas present brings you joy.
Regards,

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
My 3 kids live in Yate, nr Bristol, next time i am going down to see Grandchildren, i will drop you a message.
It could be the best Christmas present for us, with the new van.
Dependant on weather what we are doing, i am hoping to bring van down early December as long as i have storage sorted, awaiting a phone call when a space becomes available.
Regards
Rick

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
GrizzlyBathplug said:
Hi Lappy

How do you find the corner stays to wind down, i have been told on the Astella they are fiddly, and a mod of a pipe guide should be used?

Wind clockwise, to lower, anti clockwise to retract. ;)

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Hutch
Thank you for your very precise instructions, it is all clear to me now.
Hail the font of knowledge.
I was told they were not the easiest mechanisms to find, do i percieve a slight tone of sarcasm in your post ;)

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
GrizzlyBathplug said:
Hutch
Thank you for your very precise instructions, it is all clear to me now.
Hail the font of knowledge.
I was told they were not the easiest mechanisms to find, do i percieve a slight tone of sarcasm in your post ;)

Mmmmm !!
Possibly just a bit !!!! :cheer:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
GrizzlyBathplug said:
Hi Lappy

How do you find the corner stays to wind down, i have been told on the Astella they are fiddly, and a mod of a pipe guide should be used?

Grizzly, found this old forum thread.
https://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/equipment-accessories/33559-corner-steady-locating-tubes
The link to the Alko site doesn't work unfortunatley.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts