Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
I may have asked this before but what is the best type of jack to lift an 850 kg caravan with no jacking points.

Has anyone got a 12 volt electric scissor jack? if so how do they perform?

Mar 9, 2006
Visit site
I've got jacking points and an Al-ko jack, but I also bought an electric scissors jack about 18 mths. ago, which I used once a month over last winter to rotate the wheels, to avoid flat-spotting.My 'vans all of 1500Kg. When I first used it, the gearing was too high, and the drive sheared. I rang the supplier up, and received another one within a few days, and this one is lower gearing, and works a treat.However, if I was ever using it to remove/change a wheel, I would feel happier using an axle stand as well.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We use a trolley jack too - and would suggest that buyers think about the lowest profile jack they can get hold of. We had a puncture on the 'kerb' side of our caravan, and when the tyre fails completely on this side there is only a relatively small amount of clearance to get the jack under at the axle area. We were very lucky in having the trolley jack, which is lowish-profile and could be 'wheeled' into position from slightly further up the van where there was more clearance.

Jan 8, 2006
Visit site
We use a trolley jack too - and would suggest that buyers think about the lowest profile jack they can get hold of. We had a puncture on the 'kerb' side of our caravan, and when the tyre fails completely on this side there is only a relatively small amount of clearance to get the jack under at the axle area. We were very lucky in having the trolley jack, which is lowish-profile and could be 'wheeled' into position from slightly further up the van where there was more clearance.
Val, Do you carry leveling ramps? pull the van onto these to get the height back. J.Lo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts