Jacksons , New arley, warwickshire on FIRE

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
It is a sad day to see the demise of a famous supplier of spares/equipment etc to caravanners around the Midlands and beyond.

I first used jacksons back in 1975 when they operated from the front room of their house in Old Arley (not New Arley,the house is still there)

Old Mr Jackson was/is the font of all knowledge of caravan spares and always without reference to catalogues was able to know exactly what part you needed.

Over the years many rallies have been held near by to enable ralliers to visit the then large warehouse store that stocked just about everything you could ever want.

I and I hope every one else will join me in hoping that they have a speedy return to being operational again.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i know what a shame. i love that shop and feel so sorry for them. it was a proper family buisness. i hope they build another one. when your in there as often as me they get to know you and most of them are so nice.

lets hope they catch the ****** who set fire to the van that caused the fire.

jo

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
What a shock-I had got to know Jacksons over the years and they were in fact suppliers of my caravan stationery products. The firm was known seemingly by everybody and no matter who you talked to they all knew Jacksons. A friendly place and full of stock-they sold everything! I bought most of my bits from there too!

I hope that they can soon get everything on the go and that they get up and running very soon

My best wishes to Mary and all her staff

Jenko

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Good luck to all the staff. Hope you are up and running soon.

From a very satisfied customer (since the 80's), his family,friends, friends of friends, and their family and friends, who have all been using Jacksons over the years.

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
I have been going to Jackson's since the early 70s to buy both big items and those all important nic-naks.

It used to be a great Saturday afternoon out. I seem to recall getting lost in the lanes whilst trying to find Old arley by the old tyre road signs and stopping for a quick thirst quencher

on the way back at a pub on the B4114 (I think) on a very tight bend.

Before Jackson's, we used to go to Barratts in Fekenham (not spelt right)that was somewhere between Solihul and coventry. They had a field full of errected tents across the road from the shop. Stopped using Barratts because they started to stock more horsey things that camping and caravanning bits.

Anyone else remember Barratts? Or are they still there?

Brum (B32)

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
I have been going to Jackson's since the early 70s to buy both big items and those all important nic-naks.

It used to be a great Saturday afternoon out. I seem to recall getting lost in the lanes whilst trying to find Old arley by the old tyre road signs and stopping for a quick thirst quencher

Before Jackson's, we used to go to Barratts in Fekenham (not spelt right)that was somewhere between Solihul and coventry. They had a field full of errected tents across the road from the shop. Stopped using Barratts because they started to stock more horsey things that camping and caravanning bits.

Brum (B32)
Forgot to say...Hurry back Jacksons.

Jan 8, 2007
Visit site

Brum (B32)
hi, barratts at measham closed down, but has now reopened as winfields. much cheaper and still has a massive tent display . you might fancy a sunday afternoon outing . ang, daves other half

May 17, 2010
Visit site
From the amount of people visiting the site at the weekend, young & old alike, I believe the local camping and caravan community is in mourning at the loss

It was a very sad day for the Jackson family and their staff, to see the remains of the place was heart wrentching. Harry was walking amongst the ashes looking very forlorn. They have arrested and bailed a 29year old male charged with arson; let's hope the juctice system gives him a good sentence. the news is right they are looking at all their options so that they can be up and running as soon as possible, it may be just up the road or in the other unit that houses the toilets or maybe at West Mids Caravans, it doesn't matter where they are we shall be giving them our buisness and supporting them to get back to where they were. Well done to all the firemen who dealt with the blaze and a big cheer to the Jackson's and staff for their attempts to get us camping and caravanners the store we all love.

Dec 5, 2006
Visit site
Having travelled a lot of the uk i've yet to find a camping

shop that came anywhere near Jacksons, I hope they soon get up and running soon oh and I also miss the malteser cheese cake in the coffee shop.

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Having travelled a lot of the uk i've yet to find a camping

shop that came anywhere near Jacksons, I hope they soon get up and running soon oh and I also miss the malteser cheese cake in the coffee shop.
Such a shame, my best wishes to the Jacksons and all staff. My favourite shop in all the universe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts