Jeep Cherokee 2.5 CRD Diesel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All, Had any one got one of them, as we are hoping to change our dear old 15 year old fourtrak 2.8, wish she had been good all this time, now what do you get to the gallon solo+ towing, what is the noseweight set at, any good or bad info would be helpfull, Thank you for your time, Trevor

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Trevor;

I towed with a 2.5 CRD Cherokee for two years. MPG about 24. Nose weight, what ever you want! Seriously, if you have a Jeep Towbar, the permissible nose weight is about 140KG probably far more than the Caravan's tow hitch limit. I towed at around 80kgs. I found it very stable, would cruise at 65mph all day and plenty of grunt from the engine. My only complaint was the part time 4x4 system that could not be used on the road on a permenant basis.

I've now got a 2.8 CRD Cherokee with an auto box. Which has the SelecTrac 4x4 system which can be used all the time. I find this wonderful when towing on some of those 'A!' roads in the Highlands. Also, the Cruise Control and Auto Box is superb on the Motorways. The best thing about the Jeep is the stability when towing. I have a Challenger 520, and even the biggest arctic going past on the motorway will only give the slightest twitch. The only down side is that daft spare wheel assembly at the back and the incredible length of the tow hitch. It's far too low and makes hitching a real pain. The only hitch stabiliser that is really suitable is the Winterhoff WS3000. None of the Alko ones work without a lot of messing around.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts