Jeremy Clarkson

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I dont get upset by his remarks at all. He can say what he likes about caravans or even me personally if he knew me. I simply dont like him as a person/presenter. Its got nothing to do with his off screen life or his macho/penilextension attitude onscreen. I saw him years ago for about 10 minutes, that was enough. The rest of my judgement on him is what I read in the press or on forums like this. Just dont like him = dont watch him = don't get upset :O)

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
It's an act, and his business. He is a sharp cookie, he knows what sets people off and gets the ratings going.

He has moved the filming from Dunsfold airfield to his own place that he is able to use for car use for so many days a year.

The off screen person is different to the onscreen persona, his attitude in the studio to the crew showed the guy has his head screwed on.

Some "personalities" and family favourites are obnoxious pompous prats off stage, from what I've seen of Clarkson the guy is OK and a better actor than some!

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
I go with Clarkson.If you believe everything you hear from him you are likely to respond to a forum question like "what is caravan" ( Yes, many did !)

The ability to laugh at ourselves is very important. If you can't accept others have different points of view you're in trouble. To my mind living in my little tin box is more than just an economic way of getting around, it's a lifestyle I love but I am aware that to many it's appalling prospect.

As mentioned in a previous comment, "we" are often to blame for the criticism levelled at us. In a few of weeks time it will be Easter and the caravans start flooding into North Wales. You can bet your bottom dollar that the tailbacks begin somewhere around Holywell when the first hills are encountered. It's usually started by some seriously overloaded outfit pulled by a seriously underpowered tow vehicle being driven at 25 MPH. A similar outfit travelling at a magnificent speed of 30 MPH decides to go for the overtaking manouvre and gets past within 2 miles. Yes, as a caravanner I have followed a lorry in the middle lane of a motorway for miles as he edges past the one on the inside. I know the frustration !

Is it any suprise that caravans are an object of ridicule to some many people ?

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
As I trundle the highways I have noticed many Caravanners that continue on single carriageways at between 50 and 60 mph where possible. It cuts down on other vehicle being held up and and aids some to maintain good momentum on uphill runs.

On a site that has so many anti speeding threads, I wonder how many here are forgetful of the law on that one.

I again have witnessed police following well loaded well driven rigs at over 50 on numerous occasions and they have just overtaken and gone on their merry way when they could!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I go with Clarkson.If you believe everything you hear from him you are likely to respond to a forum question like "what is caravan" ( Yes, many did !)

The ability to laugh at ourselves is very important. If you can't accept others have different points of view you're in trouble. To my mind living in my little tin box is more than just an economic way of getting around, it's a lifestyle I love but I am aware that to many it's appalling prospect.

As mentioned in a previous comment, "we" are often to blame for the criticism levelled at us. In a few of weeks time it will be Easter and the caravans start flooding into North Wales. You can bet your bottom dollar that the tailbacks begin somewhere around Holywell when the first hills are encountered. It's usually started by some seriously overloaded outfit pulled by a seriously underpowered tow vehicle being driven at 25 MPH. A similar outfit travelling at a magnificent speed of 30 MPH decides to go for the overtaking manouvre and gets past within 2 miles. Yes, as a caravanner I have followed a lorry in the middle lane of a motorway for miles as he edges past the one on the inside. I know the frustration !

Is it any suprise that caravans are an object of ridicule to some many people ?
Spot on!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord B it was a a result of what was said at the last supper. JC was overheard saying "who ever organised this bun fight aught to be crucified". Serious though he was crucified on Good Friday and rose from the dead on Easter Monday.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Lord B it was a a result of what was said at the last supper. JC was overheard saying "who ever organised this bun fight aught to be crucified". Serious though he was crucified on Good Friday and rose from the dead on Easter Monday.
Waste of time emailing him then :O(

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
What a shame for that to happen over Easter

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Agreed Big Roy, JC has been unlucky that way even his Birthday falls on Christmas day, bet he didn't get two sets of presents. Poor chap.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Wow thats two of us backed out of threads today - whats the forum coming to, heheheh! :O( Its the best option when its realised that nobody is going to agree and no common ground can be found.
I don't agree but I'll say no more ;-)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What baffles me is why the calander date for Easter varies from year to year. Surely there would be a definate date for Easter just as December 25 is a definate date for the assumed birth of Jesus Christ.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Because Colin good Friday could then fall on pancake Tuesday and Easter monday could fall on good Friday, or Easter Sunday could fall on Easter Monday or black Wednesday, are you still with me?

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Because Colin good Friday could then fall on pancake Tuesday and Easter monday could fall on good Friday, or Easter Sunday could fall on Easter Monday or black Wednesday, are you still with me?
and where would it leave April fools day? 8o)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
So when's Ash Wednesday, and is it Shrove Tuesday or Pancake day?

I know why they call it Boxing day, because of all the boxes left after all the present are opened, but why Christmas Eve, why not Christmas Adam?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Now you loy are getting out of hand and bordering on the ridiculous, after all I did ask a sensable question. Or is it a case on this forum when asking a sensable question one gets a stupid reply. No wonder the younger generation have lost the respect instilled into me when I was young.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Now you loy are getting out of hand and bordering on the ridiculous, after all I did ask a sensable question. Or is it a case on this forum when asking a sensable question one gets a stupid reply. No wonder the younger generation have lost the respect instilled into me when I was young.
Colin, you can't have sensible answers at this time of day!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You lot are bordering on the ridiculous especially as I asked a sensable question. This forum appears to have adopted the rule that when a sensable question is asked one can expect a ridiculous reply. It is obvious to any person that Shrove Tuesday never falls on the same date as Ash Wednesday which is so called as a result of all the burnt pancakes from the previous day.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Emmerson it would appear that I cannot have a sensible answer at any time of day. Incidently looking at your response tells me I have not spelt the word "sensible" correct. This is probably as a result of the flack I am taking from other contributors. Where are the men in white coats I want to know. When they catch up with you lot you can have a caravan rally in the grounds of the mental hospital as long as it is not in Bridgend Mental Hospital. Free site fees and electric hook up - 10000 volts to each van - should go with a bang.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts