Junk Mail

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
After hearing about the Welsh Postie getting into trouble,I've posted off my request for junk mail to be stopped.Until the publicity I had no idea that we could do that......Royal Mail kept that very quiet.

E-mail address is:- optout@royalmail.com

Address is:- Door to Door Opt Outs

Kingsmead House

Oxpens Road

Oxford OX1 1RX

Has anyone else opted out??

May 27, 2006
Visit site
Lady Popup did a few months back. It definatly seems to work but only for the person who joined up. Ive yet to do so to stop the junk that I get.

Any junk mail that is non specific to our adress I just write 'NO THANKS' across and post back. The P O have to deliver it back to them and the adressie has to pay the postage

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Pop up John,

You are slightly confused John, this campaign is to stop all unaddressed leaflets brought by the Postie.Ours goes from the door to the bin in one movement,but apparently the PO make a lot of money from this,so don't want us stopping it.

What ever happened to the notion of going Green ?

We have also been with the Mailing Preference service for years,but don't think that is working quite as well as it should do.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I get great delight in saving any pre-paid envelopes or Freepost addresses that are given in this Junk Mail and then putting all the unwanted stuff in these envelopes and sending it back.

The firm that gives out the pre-paid or Freepost envelope or address has to pay for the postage - and the more you can stuff in the envelope - the more they have to pay!

Poetic justice or what?

May 27, 2006
Visit site
Pop up John,

You are slightly confused John, this campaign is to stop all unaddressed leaflets brought by the Postie.Ours goes from the door to the bin in one movement,but apparently the PO make a lot of money from this,so don't want us stopping it.

What ever happened to the notion of going Green ?

We have also been with the Mailing Preference service for years,but don't think that is working quite as well as it should do.
Lady M. my apologies.

It certainly seems I misread your posting and became confuzled.It happens when you get to 61 :((

Now....where did I leave my caravan?

TRENDING THREADS