Just about to buy our first van Dethleff 520 - your views on ...

Mar 1, 2006
Visit site
Hello , after owning a mercedes 609d motorhome for 5 years and our family finally outgrowing it we have decidied to buy a caravan. After visiting the nec show we have decided on a Dethleff 520. The 2 vehicles we have are a 2005 VW transporter combi130 bhp and a VW passat 130 bhp. We were told by dealers that these would be fine to tow with but do es anyone have views on these as tow vehicles or on these vans. many thanks

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jason,

Congrats on choosing a fine Caravan we have a Dethleffs 530 TK which we tow with a VW Sharan TDI 130 it goes well at 60 or even 70 if needed. I think both pieces of kit are well built bits of German engineering. I would be tempted to go with a Passatt because it's more usable everyday. The vans are exception well built, functional with nice touches like the front covers on Gas struts and build quality designed for real winter caravanning

Kindest Regards

Monkeys Husband

G

Hi Jason,

Congrats on choosing a fine Caravan we have a Dethleffs 530 TK which we tow with a VW Sharan TDI 130 it goes well at 60 or even 70 if needed. I think both pieces of kit are well built bits of German engineering. I would be tempted to go with a Passatt because it's more usable everyday. The vans are exception well built, functional with nice touches like the front covers on Gas struts and build quality designed for real winter caravanning

Kindest Regards

Monkeys Husband
If it is a Dethleffs Camper 520 you are looking at just be carefull if you go for the Passat. The van fully laden is 1400kg so is very close to the kerbweight of the car, not a good idea if it is your first van. You should ideally look for an 85% ratio, or as close to as possible. Have a look at Whattowcar.com to get soeme information on matching.

G

Jason,

If it is a Dethleffs Camper 520 you are looking at just be carefull if you go for the Passat. The van fully laden is 1400kg so is very close to the kerbweight of the car, not a good idea if it is your first van. You should ideally look for an 85% ratio, or as close to as possible. Have a look at Whattowcar.com to get soeme information on matching.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts