Just for you stinky feet.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I tow a caravan with a Hyundai Terrecan, a great big 4x4. I happen to tow my caravan with it because that is my car. I do not own a 4x4 just to tow a caravan.

I live in village which when it snows can be very difficult to get to. In fact it can be tricky at any time during inclement weather. The only lane into the village is prone to flooding.

Without a 4x4 my family and I would be trapped during these times. Does that make me a bad person because I want to have the freedom of movement in the winter that urban dwellers enjoy.

Simon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Please Simon just ignore the detractors. I own a 4x4 for similar reasons to yours & don't feel that I need to justify my choice of vehicle to anyone.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
the is two MAZ on this forur.I DID NOT PUT THIS ON. This shows how poeple who like to case bad thing on this frurum. to up set other. And miss led them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There does indeed appear to be 2 Maz's on the forum. There is me with a capital 'M' and another maz (deffinitely not me) with a lower case 'm'.

As far as I am remember all my posts have been in response to sensible questions and I am careful not to cause offence to anyone (I hope).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I`m like you. I tow my caravan with a 4x4 but I also use it for my work. In the course of my employment I have to go up farm tracks, forest paths etc and as I live in NE Scotland this is not the type of roads you wish to go up with an ordinary car especially in winter..

Jul 28, 2005
Visit site
Simon, Just why have you posted this? and named it to stinky, you are obviously out to cause trouble. The 4x4 debate is dead and done, you carry on driving the 4x4 thats fine, just stop these type of postings so that a vindictive attack can be made on stinky when he replies.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you all for your thoughts on this thread.

I never intended to provoke a vindictive reply in fact quite the opposite and to that end I believe I have been reasonable successful.

I have just returned to this forum after a considerable break and noticed a tremendous amount of sniping over things that are really quite irrelevant. Who cares what car you have, what caravan you have, what club you belong to, where you go etc etc the list is endless.

What is important?

We enjoy what we do at the same time as allowing others to enjoy what they do in the way that they prefer to do it. In other words live and let live.

The original post was aimed at one person because that was the person who seemed to jump right on the 4x4 bandwagon. Its now been several days and there seems to be no anti 4x4 posting.

The question has to be asked 'Is it because there is no arguement against a good and valid reason for having doing anything?'

I would suggest that anything and everything should be tolerated if there is a good and valid reason for doing it and that includes using 4x4's.

Let's all be a bit more tolerant of another persons activities and opinions.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you all for your thoughts on this thread.

I never intended to provoke a vindictive reply in fact quite the opposite and to that end I believe I have been reasonable successful.

I have just returned to this forum after a considerable break and noticed a tremendous amount of sniping over things that are really quite irrelevant. Who cares what car you have, what caravan you have, what club you belong to, where you go etc etc the list is endless.

What is important?

We enjoy what we do at the same time as allowing others to enjoy what they do in the way that they prefer to do it. In other words live and let live.

The original post was aimed at one person because that was the person who seemed to jump right on the 4x4 bandwagon. Its now been several days and there seems to be no anti 4x4 posting.

The question has to be asked 'Is it because there is no arguement against a good and valid reason for having doing anything?'

I would suggest that anything and everything should be tolerated if there is a good and valid reason for doing it and that includes using 4x4's.

Let's all be a bit more tolerant of another persons activities and opinions.
Hear Hear!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts