Just returned

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
From a fortnight in Cornwall and boy was it wet. It rained hard at times but the weather was at its worst when it was very misty and wet, I believe they call it MISEL. It was like a mist from a horror film, it got everywhere.
If I left the caravan door open for even a short time it would creep in through the door and wet all the inside of the van. No wind , warmish, it just crept menacingly toward you, then splat. it got you,
:coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:

Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
I'm off down to pentewan outside of st Austell giving my mate a lift bring his Leakey caravan back up to Lancashire in a month or two,,we will make sure it's not overloaded with pasties 😁🥟🥟

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
If in Cornwall, look out for "Ɓarncotts" (not too sure of the spelling) pasties. They are simply superb and without doubt the very best I have ever tasted ! Any time I am there, and find someone selling them, I bring about 10 home and freeze them, but don't, whatever you do, microwave them to get them hot, you MUST use an oven or they go soggy!,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
By banging along the A38 or A30 through Devon you miss out on Ivor Dewdneys Devon pastie. A much love treat to generations of Plymouthians.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
With Dave a returning home, he lives in the excellent area for Melton Mobury pies, And an Excellent Cheese which he brought to the Woosie fest in Yorkshire.
Thanks Dave, sorry about your weather.
Where did you stay, and would you recommend it, Elaine wants to go down towards Hale, later in the year.

Reactions: DaveA1
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Misel is an amalgam of mist and light rain. Its not actually precipitation, so cannot be called rain, but it makes you just as wert just as quickly
Thing is with it, you can't find shelter from it, open the van door and it rolls in, umbellers are useless.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
With Dave a returning home, he lives in the excellent area for Melton Mobury pies, And an Excellent Cheese which he brought to the Woosie fest in Yorkshire.
Thanks Dave, sorry about your weather.
Where did you stay, and would you recommend it, Elaine wants to go down towards Hale, later in the year.
Stopped on a CL between Saltash and Callington at Amy Tree. Ashdon Farm. Would I recommend it, this year was our 25th year we'd been there. dog walks but no pub. great site.

• Love
Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts