Just to say Hello from Scotland

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi there
Just to say hello to you all and I hope I've managed to do the compatabilty connection thingy !

The Missus & I had a caravan a few years back 16 years to be exact ,it was a Ci Sprite Major and we've just got back in the saddle so to speak with a nice 2007 Coachman 520/4.
We've had it for a month now towing it with a Rover 75 Connoisseur diesel auto and already we've been to Gretna for the weekend (something to do with shopping ) and I thought it was for leisure.
On our first morning we woke up to hard frost and simply could not believe the difference from our old Sprite Major.
We intend to get out again before the onslaught of the full winter hits us, but in the meantime I've been busy "fettling" some things to my liking with the van, not that it need much as the previous owner looked after it extremely well.
Enough of my prattling for now I'm off for a cuppa !

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Coachman, welcome to the Practical Caravan forum and congratulations on buying your Coachman
smiley-laughing.gif

The insulation and heating in modern caravans is a far cry from the old frost insde the windows days and many caravanners now enjoy year round touring.
One thing that hasn't changed is our other half's love of the shops but at least you will be nice and warm in the colder months after the shops are closed.
I hope that you will have many happy times away in your Coachman
smiley-laughing.gif

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi Coachman, Welcome to the forum. Hope you have many outings in your new van. I am also from Scotland and not far from Gretna. We go to a excellent CL near to Annan.

Dougie...

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Many thanks for all your welcome messages.
It is amazing just how our "other halfs" plan our trips around shopping, but our visit to Gretna was not at the anvil, that would have been over 40 years ago now.
smiley-innocent.gif

And yes we do hope to enjoy some more of Scotland as well as "down south" where we often visted with our old caravan, we even managed twice to London (Chrystal Palace) Somerset, Brighton and the Lake District just to name a few but meantime I'm enjoying the forum and gleaning some new tips as well as posting some others.

This week I have been preparing for winter set up and have re greased my spare wheel carrier as well as painting the spare wheel and tucking it away under a nice cover.
I have also cleaned out the toilet flush tank as it was a mess and have added some extra security markings, some very visible others not so. I have also washed off all the old grease and grit from the corner steadies and re greased them, It's amazing just how much muck gets attracted to the excess grease on these items.
We had hoped to get away for another break but the recent weather reports are not good even though we have had two nice sunny (but chilly) days here in South West Scotland so watch this space.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts