kalms stress tablets

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi as anyone taken these kalms tablets my hubby is have ia quadrupple bypass in a couple of weeks and i feel so stressed also going through the menopause as well

can you take these with other medicasion

did they do you good as i feel so stress hubby is having a bypass

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm so sorry that your going thru such a stressful time. You need to look forward to your fab life that is ahead of you after the op.

We all go thru stressful times in our life but I don't think looking towards Calms will help. Your OH must be worried but he needs to think positive. The op is the start of as new life.Yep I've had a live saving op and for me it couldn't happen quick enough I just wanted to move forward. I didn't really stress about it. "What will be will be"

Menopause Well that's not stressful is it. It's part of life for us women. It's not stressful just a bloody inconvenience try evening primrose oil. Or see your Doc for HRT

Give your OH my very best wishes for his OP and please let us know how it goes

Good luck to both of you

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Sue,

Not every woman sails through it even though it is a natural thing!

If you are having disturbed sleep or palpitations it won't help with your stress levels, so speak to your GP and explain how you are feeling (there may be something you can take to help) maybe just talking will put your mind at rest.

Wendy

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sue,

Not every woman sails through it even though it is a natural thing!

If you are having disturbed sleep or palpitations it won't help with your stress levels, so speak to your GP and explain how you are feeling (there may be something you can take to help) maybe just talking will put your mind at rest.

Wendy
Awwwwwww poooooor you. As I said the menopause is inconvienient

Not quite in the same league as life saving heart surgery.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
I'm so sorry that your going thru such a stressful time. You need to look forward to your fab life that is ahead of you after the op.

We all go thru stressful times in our life but I don't think looking towards Calms will help. Your OH must be worried but he needs to think positive. The op is the start of as new life.Yep I've had a live saving op and for me it couldn't happen quick enough I just wanted to move forward. I didn't really stress about it. "What will be will be"

Menopause Well that's not stressful is it. It's part of life for us women. It's not stressful just a bloody inconvenience try evening primrose oil. Or see your Doc for HRT

Give your OH my very best wishes for his OP and please let us know how it goes

Good luck to both of you
With respect, Cath, you may not have found the menopause stressful - particularly in the light of your life saving op - but you can't really make a blanket assumption that no other woman will find it stressful. Everyone is different, having differing circumstances and coping abilities.

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Awwwwwww poooooor you. As I said the menopause is inconvienient

Not quite in the same league as life saving heart surgery.
Hi Cath,

I don't need any sympathy as I don't have problems either, but we shouldn't make light of those who do suffer... especially when having to cope with other worries in their life at the same time.

No one is suggesting it's on a par with life saving surgery but it won't hurt if I give words of support will it?

Thanks for your concern anyway :)

Wendy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
oh dear i have started something now now ladies i came on for some surrport not bitching with one another

i am not a nervy person its just the stress that my hubby is having major heart surgery and the memo at the same time

yes i do not sleep well hot sweats palpertaions

and i dont want to go on hrt at the moment

thanks

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Sue, I've no idea about the Kalms, but people I know have taken St. Johns Wort tablets, a sort of herbal tranquilliser you can buy in the health shop, and have said they help. I don't have any experience of them myself though. Do you not want to go to your GP for advice?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I hesitate to post amongst the ladies who may or may not be menopausal but here goes.....

Both my partner and myself have undergone Coronary Artery Bypass Graft surgery, in other words heart bypasses.

I had mine on March 8th 11 years ago, it didn't hurt and it gave me a completely new lease of life.

Both you and your husband are sure to worry, it's only natural but the operation does what it says on the tin and your husband will feel much better for having had it.

I was in for 6 nights (the one before the op was the longest) my o/h was in for just over a week but she had different anaesthetic to the one that I had.

Your husband will naturally be tired for a while after he comes home, he needs to rest when he's tired and not do anything silly.

The operation is fairly painless, after I came round I was given some green and white painkillers but after I'd taken just one I didn't know if I was on this earth or Fullers Earth so I just took Anadin and I was fine. As long as you don't thump your hubby in the chest for a while there is no real pain involved, he'll be fine on that score.

He may experience a feeling of anti climax for a while after he comes home, it's natural and as he gets better he'll get over it.

After about 12 months your husband will have reached the stage where he is fully fit, better than before with no chest pains or breathlessness.

I can understand your anxiety Sue, 'heart surgery' sounds terribly dramatic and I'm confident that your husband will take full and free advantage when he's home, get those grapes peeled!

Seriously he needs you to stay calm, if you really are stressed have a word with your GP but I can assure you that there is nothing to worry about.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Sue, I am sorry to hear you are stressed at the moment, it,s only natural. Your husband will be in the best possible hands whilst he is having his surgery, and after a few weeks of recuperation, I am sure he will be back on his feet, and looking forward to caravnning.

As for you, I too am going through the menopause, experiencing hot flushes ect. I have been taking evening primrose oil, and something I got from 7seas, especially for menopause, I don,t know the exact name, but they seem to help me, get then from your chemist. Hope this helps, keep your chin up!!!

Regards, Carole.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts