Kampa Air Awnings

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Just a little bit of a warning here for all of you that either of the Kampa Air Awnings.Mine is just over a year old now and has been used 5 times at the most.On our last short break I was convinced that the awning had gone down but looking on the bright side I thought well it must be I hadnt put enough air into it in the first place so I topped it up to make sure but sadly yes we had the dreaded leak fortunately after a full bottle of soapy spray and half an hour later I found the leak.Right for you Kampa Air Owners stand in your awning and look outward away from the van if you have the 390 between the big inflatables you have three air poles Left middle and right that can be removed it was the left hand one that was leaking the leak was right on the end of the plastic tube that is attached to what Kampa call the inner tube to me it looks as thought it had been vulcanised propley As luck would have it I rang our dealer and the Kampa Rep was calling there that day and replaced it under the so guarantee now all is good again. I thought I would post this to make you all aware
Sir Roger

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
My experience
Stay away is what I would say.

Be prepared this is long

Bought our Kampa Air 390 August last year, used it for the first time in September was happy with it no problems at all, coped well in the wind and rain. Dried it packed it away until this year. Got to the site in April pumped it up, went down during the night (pump also broke so had to patch that as well at 2am in the wind and rain), pumped it up again isolated all the tubes, found one of the cross tubes was going down contacted Kampa and in fairness sent out a replacement tube. Took me a couple of days to track it down though as they sent it to a different site than the one I had given them the address to. Fitted it and all was great for the rest of my fortnight. Any way back away for another fortnight in June. Out of the bag started pumping nothing was happening apart from a loud hiss from one the valves on the front. Found out tube going into valve had split. Out comes tool kit had to cut it shorter and replaced the valve. So proceeded to pump it up again. Started pegging it and noticed one side collapsing so back to pumping again and isolating valves. This time the crosspiece that was replaced was leaking again and now the other side had joined it in leaking and to add insult one of the large upright tubes was also leaking. No option but to take it down. Contacted Kampa was told to return it to where I had purchased it from. As I was only on my first day of my hols I had to purchase another awning as we own 3 dogs and the caravan and 3 dogs at night is a bit crowded.

I have been informed this morning by the shop (not Kampa despite emailing them on Tuesday to ask what was happening which they did not reply) that it is now there waiting to be picked up and all the tubes/valves have been replaced. Have sent them another email waiting for that reply( I only sent it this morning though).

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Stephen B2 I have had a simliar problem but I spent nearly two weeks chasing air leaks in mine.I have to say that by the time we got down to our last two days I had managed to get down to one leak which by isolation I could live with .But what I had got form my £600 Easter last year I couldnt live with.When I got back home I managed to track down somebody at Kampa ,.I explained my situation and in side 24 hours I had a complete set of tubes delivered .I found Kampa more than Helpful to my situation.
Sir Roger.By the way it does seem from posts I have read elsewhere it is early 2013 awnings that have this problem. Also if anybody else has this problem the little tube of glue does help but dont rely on that stupid spanner to undo any connectors ...... it doesnt fit .. :silly:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts