Kampa Awnings

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a 2016 Kampa Rally Air Pro 390 and as I was in my local dealer yesterday had a look at the 2017 awnings.
The only difference I could see was that the price had increased by £90.00. Looking at the 2017 brochure the only difference I can see is that they have cut some hole in the rear of the awning to accept the option of Kampa:s limpet system which seems to be a suction system to hold the rear of the awning to the vans side. For £90 I think I can cut my own holes.
The brochure quotes "For 2017 we have completely redesigned the 390 model, giving it a clean new look. " If this is true why have the used the same photo's in the 2017 brochure as they used the 2016 brochure ?

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
We've just bought the 2017 from the Manchester show over the weekend. There are now only 2 sections to the 390 instead of 3 so the doors are wider; for us that should make moving bikes in and out a bit easier.
We couldn't see any of the 2016 range there so no offers on those were to be had. We did get the 390 pro for £869 and a free 5m Kampa pro windbreak as part of the "show deal" which we may sell on as we don't generally use a windbreak but they seemed very sturdy.

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Andy-h, I can see the attraction for you of only two front panels but on the 2016 version the middle panel could be opened to give a front entrance.

Kampa have increased the price by £90 but production cost must have reduced as less zips are now used and only two panels have to be produced, although the panes are larger. If caravan manufactures could reduce production costs and increase prices by over 10% they would be in a healthy position and the likes of Fleetwood would still be in business.

Hope you have as much fun with the awning as we have, no more tension with the wife whilst be argue over which pole to use next, although I have left a valve open and wondered why it was taking longer than usual to inflate..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts