Kampa Rally 260 Awning

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
Hi folks just to let you know saw a thread about Sunncamp 260 awnings and the trials and tribulations with them. Someone posted a link to the Kampa 260 site, saw that it was a better design, bought one , went up in the drizzle over the weekend (30min including reading instructions). Fits like a glove to my Bailey Ranger 510/4L, no leaks or draughts just one word, FANTASTIC.

Pat

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Pat well what a coincidence been out today and bought Kampa Rally 390porch awning .

We bought one last year full awning by Pyramid and not at all happy with it so If mine is as good as yours I will be a very happy Sir Roger

Regards Sir Roger

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
Roger,

October last year I had a Sunncamp Ultima 390 on approval to buy. Within 10min of running it through the awning rail you could see that it was not going to fit to the side of the van, so it went back. This year I spoke to a Sunncamp rep, who admited that there is a flaw with the verticly challenged vans, that the sides dont quite meet the van. However if you are prepared to cut the poles to suit, the problem minimses.

Not good!

But I can safley say that the Kampa fitted flush to the van without the need to over stretch fabrics or cut any poles. It does what it says on the tin basicaly.

Pat

Apr 22, 2007
Visit site
Roger,

October last year I had a Sunncamp Ultima 390 on approval to buy. Within 10min of running it through the awning rail you could see that it was not going to fit to the side of the van, so it went back. This year I spoke to a Sunncamp rep, who admited that there is a flaw with the verticly challenged vans, that the sides dont quite meet the van. However if you are prepared to cut the poles to suit, the problem minimses.

Not good!

But I can safley say that the Kampa fitted flush to the van without the need to over stretch fabrics or cut any poles. It does what it says on the tin basicaly.

Pat
Hi Pat

We were thinking about getting a Sunncamp, friends of ours have bought a PACK which looks simular to the Sunncamp. Had a look on ebay for awnings and seen the Kampa Rally the design looks better than the Sunncamp so I think we will go for a Kampa Rally. OH wants to go for the 390 I think the 260 will do as we have a twin axle caravan.

Apr 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi Pat

We were thinking about getting a Sunncamp, friends of ours have bought a PACK which looks simular to the Sunncamp. Had a look on ebay for awnings and seen the Kampa Rally the design looks better than the Sunncamp so I think we will go for a Kampa Rally. OH wants to go for the 390 I think the 260 will do as we have a twin axle caravan.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Pat

If you have a twin axle I would recommend the 390 just bought one and found it just right size for us,as we tend to put every bit of tut in the awning while we are away.

Sir Roger

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts