Kampa Rally 390 Pro Air

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
First time this week we've used our Kampa air awning.
Actually,first time we've ever used an air awning.
Read the enclosed manual and lots of You Tube videos how to set up,peg out and take down.
Over the moon with it except one thing I'm not sure of.
We have 6 connecting tubes/valves inside.
4 at the front above the windows and 2 connecting the middle roof beams.
The valves say "open/closed".
Do I need to do anything with these or just leave them alone?
All the beams are perfectly inflated at 8psi so all looks good but was just wondering about these valves.🤔

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Ade, Once inflated I close d all the valves. In the event of a puncture only one section will deflate. Left open the whole awning will collapse. It does happen!
Remember to have them open when inflating and deflating.

Reactions: GeorgeandAde
Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
I wonder if Kampa have modified the design of the 390 Pro?

Delighted you have found the awning to live up to your expectations. Certainly it's a spacious and sturdy bit of kit.

We owned one some time ago - when they first appeared. Found it incredibly heavy to drag onto caravan, suffered from some pooling on the roof and the usual condensation. One of the corner air bags was faulty and replaced under guarantee. Another leaked from new. A third had an "egg" in it.

Hopefully yours is up to the quality one would expect for such an awning. Obviously keep an eye open for any possible issues.

kampa.jpg

Just shows how either products vary or consumers - maybe both!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
In fairness the tubes on my Kampa were always very solid having been inflated with the Kampa electric auto cut off pump. However one whole leg, inner and outer bladders failed. Replacements sent to site next day delivery FOC. High winds did cause the front legs to collapse in and then reshape as wind died . Condensation ŵas a problem easily solved by a purpose built inner ceiling liner. And yes it was heavy dragging through the rail but for the money not bad. I suspect the bladder materials have improved over the last four years.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
We had the Kampa in mind for quite a while and also noted the problems associated with this awning.
However,whilst at Hillhead campsite,Brixham last year,I made a nuisance of myself and must have asked about 6 owners of these awnings what their views were.
Only one of them commented on the condensation problem occasionally.
We took the plunge and purchased one about christmas time.
This is our first time with it and found it really easy to thread through(I did the threading and pushing,wife just guided it along the rail).
We did unzip the doors first to make it a little easier.
Pumped it up,pegged it down no problem.
Well.....I say no problem.
This is our first time ever on a hardstanding pitch and "hardstanding" is an underestimate......grass for us in the future.
I used the rock pegs and have the bruises on my left hand to prove how difficult I found it.
It didn't help with a full knee replacement in my left knee so can only kneel on one knee.
We had 12 hours of rain last night,no condensation at all this morning(maybe due to it being on hardstanding).
So,so far,really pleased with it but I suppose time will tell.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We had the Kampa in mind for quite a while and also noted the problems associated with this awning.
However,whilst at Hillhead campsite,Brixham last year,I made a nuisance of myself and must have asked about 6 owners of these awnings what their views were.
Only one of them commented on the condensation problem occasionally.
We took the plunge and purchased one about christmas time.
This is our first time with it and found it really easy to thread through(I did the threading and pushing,wife just guided it along the rail).
We did unzip the doors first to make it a little easier.
Pumped it up,pegged it down no problem.
Well.....I say no problem.
This is our first time ever on a hardstanding pitch and "hardstanding" is an underestimate......grass for us in the future.
I used the rock pegs and have the bruises on my left hand to prove how difficult I found it.
It didn't help with a full knee replacement in my left knee so can only kneel on one knee.
We had 12 hours of rain last night,no condensation at all this morning(maybe due to it being on hardstanding).
So,so far,really pleased with it but I suppose time will tell.
I would think the lack of condensation is more due to the warmth in the evening being sufficient to prevent condensation forming. Our lightweight awning would develop condensation on hard or soft pitches but it was only noticeable in the spring autumn periods when the chill set in at nights.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Ah the joys of pegging on hardstanding! I have a whole batch of plastic x section pegs - now replaced with rock pegs. The rubber headed mallet that quietly put pegs in on grass completely shredded, so replaced with a weighty club hammer - which is also useful for tapping any bent pegs back to approximately straight at home after a trip! And while tough to get into the surface often seem easy to pull out so I am wary of windy sites!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ah the joys of pegging on hardstanding! I have a whole batch of plastic x section pegs - now replaced with rock pegs. The rubber headed mallet that quietly put pegs in on grass completely shredded, so replaced with a weighty club hammer - which is also useful for tapping any bent pegs back to approximately straight at home after a trip! And while tough to get into the surface often seem easy to pull out so I am wary of windy sites!
I’ve been using Kampa Grippa pegs that are made with a spiral down the length. Also the plastic tops are strong and don’t shatter when hit with my big hammer. Never had any concerns re pulling out of hard standing.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
People tend to have problems with rock/steel pegs when they don't peg out properly. Im always amazed to see people hammering them in vertically. 45 degrees is ideal pegging towards the awning. When the wind grabs an awning it usually tries to pull away from the pegging point and upwards. Remember it pulls pegs out, it doesn't push them out. Peg it right and not too tight.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Ade, we recently bought a Kampa air pro 330s, I’m not sure what all the slight differences are between various models but we put ours up for the first time about 2 or 3 weeks ago, didn’t find it too difficult at all, I was a bit disappointed when I unpacked it to find it doesn’t come with a skirt but I have now bought the Kampa skirt which I haven’t had chance to use yet but will be handy with zip up pockets that go under the van, ideal for shoes and stuff, as for the awning we were really over the moon with it, easy to erect in all respects, various options as to which door to use as the way in and out and looks really smart when all set up, the roof lining is a bit of a faff to fit but I left it in when I packed it away so one or two of the clips may come unclipped but the rest will be done already, Ade , has yours got the zip above the doors so if the ground is a bit uneven you can give a bit of slack by opening the zip.
I’m totally pleased so far.

BP

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
As I have posted before, we had a Kampa Rally Air ( the model before the Pro). Used it regularly for 8 years including short spells of a month on a seasonal pitch. Eventually went pop, but this was due to a failure of the fabric along a pole seam, I think. Had very little issues with condensation, only when it was a really cold night. It went to the tip not owing us anything.
mel

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Sounds very nice Beehpee.
We were lucky in that ours came with the black awning skirt and full set of curtains plus the rear upright support poles.
I don't think we have the zip above the 2 doors to allow for eneven ground,only the extra zips to have the doors open with the fly screens across.
I am seriously thinking of getting the roof liner at some point.
I suppose the models do vary across the range as to what is or isn't included.

To be honest with you......there is something strange about our purchase.

We bought it from a seller on Ebay last year who had approx. 1,000 positive feedbacks.
After a lot of emailing each other it turns out he had only used it for 2 short weekends.
When it arrived,we just opened the bag to have a nosey and as far as we could see,there was the main tent,curtains,awning skirt,rear upright support poles(still in bag unopened).
All seemed good.
However....while we were putting it up we noticed it had no grey ladder straps attached.
I thought this was strange as once we fit ours,they stay on the awning.
There was an unopened plastic bag at the bottom of the holdall though with the full set of ladder straps inside.
Once the awning was unpacked on our groundsheet....it looked like a brand new awning which had not yet been used whatsoever.
Not a mark on it anywhere.
The first thing that sprung to mind was that we now own a brand new/unused awning at almost half the price.
I'm possibly now expecting a few comments here about what I have actually,unwittingly purchased,but....Hey Ho.😊

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We were lucky in that ours came with the black awning skirt and full set of curtains plus the rear upright support poles.
I don't think we have the zip above the 2 doors to allow for eneven ground,only the extra zips to have the doors open with the fly screens across.

We bought it from a seller on Ebay last year who had approx. 1,000 positive feedbacks.
After a lot of emailing each other it turns out he had only used it for 2 short weekends.
When it arrived,we just opened the bag to have a nosey and as far as we could see,there was the main tent,curtains,awning skirt,rear upright support poles(still in bag unopened).
All seemed good.
However....while we were putting it up we noticed it had no grey ladder straps attached.
There was an unopened plastic bag at the bottom of the holdall though with the full set of ladder straps inside.
Once the awning was unpacked on our groundsheet....it looked like a brand new awning which had not yet been used whatsoever.
The first thing that sprung to mind was that we now own a brand new/unused awning at almost half the price.
I'm possibly now expecting a few comments here about what I have actually,unwittingly purchased,but....Hey Ho.😊
If you happy with your purchased that is what matters :)

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site

All seemed good.
Ours looked brand new too when we got rid of the damn thing as it had only been out 3 times which was quite enough thank you, back to our Isabellas!

Reactions: Thingy and Buckman
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it sounds like you got an excellent deal Ade, I think all awning suppliers make slight changes every year so they can then advertise the slightly altered version as a new 2021 model which is how mine was advertised, I didn’t buy it because of the addition of a few minor alterations, I bought it simply because it was in stock which this year has been an issue with lots of awnings, I’m totally happy with mine and it sounds like your totally happy Ade and if I’d got mine for half the price I’d have been happy with an awning from the range from years ago in the condition you’ve bought so well done you.

BP

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Just sat here in the awning watching the fishermen around the lake and the ducks building up courage to come into the awning.🦤🦤
Anyway.....purchased the awning from Ebay seller in Sept last year.
He didn't include the year of manufacture and I didn't ask(I should have done).
He just said it had only been used for 2 short weekends.
Is there any way of finding out the year it was manufactured?
On the holdall,it has all the labels and tags attached along with a "Product Code CE7187" .
Could this be a clue?
I suppose if I emailed Kampa with this code they may be able to help.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just sat here in the awning watching the fishermen around the lake and the ducks building up courage to come into the awning.🦤🦤
On the holdall,it has all the labels and tags attached along with a "Product Code CE7187" .
Could this be a clue?
Why do you need its DOM? Is it for accessories in which case Kampa or a Kampa outlet could advise.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
They might, worth a go. I was about to ask why you would want to know; an awning made 3 years ago and used twice will be preferable to one made 12 months ago, but had been on a seasonal pitch for the whole time. But then I thought that accessories for it might depend on the year of manufacture.
Good luck in your search
Glad you are enjoying it.
Mel

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Mel&Otherclive.
Firstly out of curiosity and (as you say),just incase I do need to order any parts in the future.
I'm still debating on the roof liner at the moment.
I've read on internet that they can be prone to rub on the caravan door when opening and closing,also they can possibly obscure the awning light.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Could this be a clue?
Have you still got his contact details on Ebay send him a email he should tell you when he brought it :)

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thank you Beachball.
I'm afraid the advert for the awning has now been "greyed out".
I will dig a bit deeper in Ebay messages and see if I can find anything.
Will let you know.

Just emailed Kampa.👍

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts