Kampa Rally Air or Poled

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Chap at work is contemplating getting a Kampa Rally pro poled awning.
He knows we sold our Kampa air mainly due to the condensation problems and asked if the poled versions suffer with the same problems.
Could anyone who has/had the poled version shed any light?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
As far as I know the canvas material is the same. Immaterial if air or pole. My Kampa air job in the loft ŵas terrible, but tolerable with the additional extra cost roof lining. Another erection job😜😜

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I would agree. The condensation will be a function of the material, and the awning design with regard to ventilation. Whether it is propped up by poles, air beams or broom handles is irrelevant.
mel

Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hopefully,the broom handles are lightweight🤭
So I think he needs to do his homework regarding the material of the awning.
To be honest,I've had quite a few awnings over the years and most of them suffered from a little condensation to some extent,but not as bad as the air awning I just sold.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Chap at work is contemplating getting a Kampa Rally pro poled awning.
He knows we sold our Kampa air mainly due to the condensation problems and asked if the poled versions suffer with the same problems.
Could anyone who has/had the poled version shed any light?
I’ve always had poled awnings and any condensation varies as a function of the awning material. I had a
very lightweight one which suffered condensation from October onwards but was excellent April onwards. Heavier materials allowed us to use an awning in winter. You would get some condensation but it could be reduced by opening a zip or two at night. But you could still sit out in it without a steady drip drip and the condensation seemed to stay on the material.

Reactions: GeorgeandAde
Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
I did try opening both (top)end vents plus lowered one of the front windows about 2 inches on our air Kampa.
Most mornings,windows soaking,a lot of drips on the floor and seats of chairs wet.
That was middle of June and first 2 weeks of September.
Not happy,so it had to go.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I did try opening both (top)end vents plus lowered one of the front windows about 2 inches on our air Kampa.
Most mornings,windows soaking,a lot of drips on the floor and seats of chairs wet.
That was middle of June and first 2 weeks of September.
Not happy,so it had to go.
That’s so much worse than a very lightweight I bought on EBay. I can see your concern.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have found that the amount of condensation in the awning depends on what the weather has been like, ( Raining over the previous week )and where your pitched, if your near a river or lake, or on gravel hard standing. All the liners do is absorbe the condensation.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have found that the amount of condensation in the awning depends on what the weather has been like, ( Raining over the previous week )and where your pitched, if your near a river or lake, or on gravel hard standing. All the liners do is absorbe the condensation.
We have never had an issue with condensation in our Isabella Magnum or Bradcot porch awning. Our Kampa Air Ace suffered badly from condensation. We do use a 220 air awning in the winter and it does not suffer so bad from condensation. Maybe it is also a size thing?

Aug 16, 2020
Visit site
We bought a Camptech seasonal awning for our tourer which is sited near York all year, mainly because of the price! It's been fantastic, no condensation at all, whatever the weather. It does have a zipped vent (with mesh to keep out insects) at the top of the front which we keep open all the time, but never had a problem with condensation at all. £675 for a 2.4m x 5.6m awning.....can't beat it!

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.
Passed all the info to my mate at work and he has now decided to research a little on the fabrics used in awnings etc..

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We bought a Camptech seasonal awning for our tourer which is sited near York all year, mainly because of the price! It's been fantastic, no condensation at all, whatever the weather. It does have a zipped vent (with mesh to keep out insects) at the top of the front which we keep open all the time, but never had a problem with condensation at all. £675 for a 2.4m x 5.6m awning.....can't beat it!
Have you got hardstanding service pitches at this seasonal near York

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts