Keen but Weary

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Hello to all, Just a quick message to say that myself Chris & Donna wify,not forgetting my Dog Benson, have just joined the Caravan club.

So what i hear you say, (Well i aint got a caravan yet)Cannot decide on a fixed bed, or loo at the back, also do i get a newish one or an old 1, have read some posts suggesting to get the latter, but not sure, as i think we will take to it very nicely & wont be upgrading for a very long time.

Also were to buy have looked at dealers (very dear for older models) or buy maybe on e-bay.The main problem for not commiting to buy 1 just yet is were to put it as we are selling our house,so hopefully get a house with enough room at the back.

So no puns please i - We will be getting one very Soon hopefully, & look forward to the Lakes on first time out. Any kind advice Welcome.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris, Donna and Benson

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will enjoy joining in with our banter and discussions.

I am sure that whatever caravan you decide to buy will be worth it in the end!

Lolly x

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Moses, you dont say if you have towed or had a caravan before. If not, even if you are 100% sure you will take to it, I would still go for a second hand one until you have more experience.

I'm talking from experience myself. I had never towed or caravanned before and had a few mishaps causing minor damage to the van and you do learn from your mistakes so was glad we opted for a second hand one. We bought a new one after nine months.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lord B

Nice to see you are trying to redeem your behaviour of the last few days! I hope you will behave better while I am away next week!!!

(You love me really don't ya!!!!!!)

Lolly x

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Lord B

Nice to see you are trying to redeem your behaviour of the last few days! I hope you will behave better while I am away next week!!!

Lolly x
;O) lolly, I will do my best although I do find it difficult. At least I will have a rest when you get back. I shall be away to Cornwall for 9/11 days, depending on the weather how long we stay. Hope you have a better experience next week hon and better weather :O)

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
;O) lolly, I will do my best although I do find it difficult. At least I will have a rest when you get back. I shall be away to Cornwall for 9/11 days, depending on the weather how long we stay. Hope you have a better experience next week hon and better weather :O)
where are you off to in Cornwall, we are going in July

Lolly x

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lord B

Lolly x
where are you off to in cornwall, we go in July

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi moses and co, and welcome! I'd suggest you look in your local small adverts for a van, ideally one where the owner is giving up caravanning. That way you can generally pick up all the expensive neccesities that go with it in one package.Things like the awning, aquaroll waste tanks and so on can add enormously to the purchase price if you buy new. And, as Lord B has said, if you decide you don't enjoy the life,the depreciation on new is horrendous.Whatever you decide, it's a whole new world!

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
This is a big Thank you for you're recent comments, Like the one about the River. I got my name Moses becouse i am an hgv class 1 Driver for around 19yrs (someones got to do it)Ha !why me!

& i used to part Traffic , Yes i'm a noughty boy who Snakes you lovely van owners (SORRY)i'm converted now Theese pills are Great.

Seriously though I will probibly look in small ads as sugested to get a good bargain with all the toys.

Just hope easter brings the carpet treaders & get a sale of my house then me can get a Life & a Van.

I live in the northwest if das interested da Knows. (2 much emmerdale). Cherio

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts