Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris

I am not sure that cheap comes into it!!!

I have a laptop which I use connected via my mobile phone and I download my e-mails and look at my internet banking. It cost approx 60p a minute. Connecting in this way is very slow. There are alternatives which are faster but the set up cost are much higher. My method is fine for e-mails and the ocassional use of the web. For more extensive surfing it would be cheaper to use an internet cafe but not for your internet banking!

David

BJ

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I use internet cafe's.

Make sure that you can access your emails using the internet not JUST using your home computer email facility. (i.e. log on to your ISP and input your email address and Password - chech you know this noy auto input by your PC.)

If you cannot do this set up a new email addrss and let others know it. You can do this on many websites. I use Yahoo.co.uk. Also try Postmaster.co.uk

Using hotmail often causes many spam messages to be received.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris, We set up a hotmail address before we left and we accessed this through internet cafes and shops. You can save a lot of postcard time by writing a detailed Email and copying it to all the familly.

We also took care of internet banking etc. in the cafes, but to be on the safe side we deleted the temporary files on the pc and if you have used password shortcuts make sure these are deleted as well. Some of the larger sites have internet access as well. Cost for access in the cafes is about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Use an ISP that offers web-based mail. Tesco.net certainly does and i think virgin.net too - I'm sure there are plenty more. Then go to internet cafe and log on ( with a beer or coffee to hand by choice). If using your bank site for on-line banking, make sure you log off at the bank site and not just when you finish the session.

Some of these have limited size mailboxes, so it's a good idea to delete all the junk and trivial mail before you log off - it will save you much time when you get home.

Keyboards in internet cafes in spain are different - now I'm writing this I realise I've forgotton what the key sequence for @ is - would appreciate a reminded from anyone with a better memory. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts